Bloodstock News 2010

It is very difficult to predict this kind of things, but if the horse were mine, I would make sure he runs in the Japan Cup, before offering him to any Japanese stud willing to get it. The horse is tailor-made for Japanese breeding industry. The fact that he is a late maturing horse could make Coolmore/Darley thing twice about paying big money for him as he wouldn´t be appealing to Australian breeders.

Damn shame I wont be able to make it this year - down to my last 2 days of holiday and they have to last till Feb 2011!!

Was hoping to drag Blazing Walker and Irish Stamp along to the HIT sales.....

5.10pm: The average has risen slightly to €177,821 (last year's day one figure: €239,156) while the median is running at €150,000 (last year's day one figure: €180,000) for 40 yearlings sold. The clearance rate has risen to 70 per cent.

Well, they've got their money back all right on the GALILEOS, and the DANSILIS look good, too. Cracking prices and that's a heartening clearance rate, Gal - thanks for putting this up.

Main points I took from a quick glance at the results 1)Four out of the top five lots sold were by Galileo 2) Coolmore supporting Juddmonte again 3) Sheikh Mo people were very quiet.

Do Sheikh Mo's agents make post-sale approaches with offers to the vendors of the unsold horses? I just wonder if in these straitened times he's trying not to be too conspicuous in his consumption, especially as Dubai is being bankrolled out of its building crisis by the Abu Dhabi banks. Perhaps a little horse here, a little horse there, publicly - and then several more where the sellers are told to keep a low profile about the side-door sales? (Just positing a thought, that's all.)

Gal, do you know if/who Imagine has been/might be covered by this year? And do you know if Kitty Matcham was kept for the paddocks or sold on?

Imagine has the two year old Guessing this year, had another Kingmambo in 2009 and has a Giants Causeway foal colt in 2010.

Kitty Matcham has a 2010 Pivotal colt foal in 2010.

Also Peeping Fawn has a Galileo colt foal.

This was reported on the 4th August:

After Voodoo Prince, Ouija Board has foaled a yearling colt by Monsun and gave birth to her first filly foal, by Galileo ealier this year. She has since returned to the Coolmore-based stallion.

When is VOODOO PRINCE debuting, do we know? Unusual for an Ed Dunlop not to be displaying his wares at 2, and the turf season is turning to autumn. They're going to make sure OUIJA BOARD stays pregnant, barefoot and in the kitchen, aren't they?

When is VOODOO PRINCE debuting, do we know? Unusual for an Ed Dunlop not to be displaying his wares at 2, and the turf season is turning to autumn. They're going to make sure OUIJA BOARD stays pregnant, barefoot and in the kitchen, aren't they?

The eagerly-awaited debut of Voodoo Prince is now approximately a month away. (Sept)

Trainer Ed Dunlop has been enthused by what he has seen from the son of Kingmambo and Ouija Board in recent weeks and feels the colt is almost ready to race.

"He's started to do some faster work and it's so far so good," said Dunlop.

"He could be out maybe in a month, I hope, and probably over seven furlongs, but you can never tell with two-year-olds.

"He's done three bits of fast work. We are building up and we'll see how he gets on."

Last edited:
Imagine has the two year old Guessing this year, had another Kingmambo in 2009 and has a Giants Causeway foal colt in 2010.

Kitty Matcham has a 2010 Pivotal colt foal in 2010.

Also Peeping Fawn has a Galileo colt foal.

Thanks for this, you're a star.

Can't wait for Peeping Fawn's progeny to hit the track.

So he has! Might take a bit of voodoo to get past half-a-dozen in that little line-up, as there's some good talent in the entries.

I'm very pleased to see that MAJESTIC MISSILE has scored his first Listed winner with the second run (after a winning debut) by NEW PLANET, taking the Julia Graves Roses over 5f at York yesterday. I can only hope that TRY THE CHANCE goes on to fulfil early promise from his debut win - both colts look very much in the stamp of their sire: same bright bay, no flashy markings, good action.

I'm out of her myself, she's now owned by Songsheet and another friend of hers. It'll be sod's law again that it'll make decent money now I'm out of her, of that I'm sure!

Back