Bloodstock News 2010

I remember Juddmonte and Coolmore doing a deal previously - Juddmonte sent a bunch of mares to Coolmore stallions and they divided them up between themselves...Coolmore got Powerscourt and Brian Boru or something like that. Perhaps it is something similar - will check later did Juddmonte return the favour with any of the Coolmore stallions.

There is a deal between Coolmore and Juddmonte dont no what the terms are.One or two mares they sent to Dansili will probably be sold not the very good ones but ones that are bred very well.I havent got the return of mares yet but Gal did they send any mares to Oasis Dream i dont think they did but if you have it there.

There is a deal between Coolmore and Juddmonte dont no what the terms are.One or two mares they sent to Dansili will probably be sold not the very good ones but ones that are bred very well.I havent got the return of mares yet but Gal did they send any mares to Oasis Dream i dont think they did but if you have it there.

No they did not send one to Oasis Dream that I can spot. Mind you they did buy a very expensive OD at Tattersalls.

I think Sheikh Mohammed owns a significant share in Oasis Dream, so I'm not sure Coolmore would be sending mares to him.

Gal, do you know if/who Imagine has been/might be covered by this year? And do you know if Kitty Matcham was kept for the paddocks or sold on?

She has a filly by Kingmambo this year but I will have to check out what she and Kitty Matcham have been up to since. I could see all the Kingmambo mares heading Henrythenavigators way.

Article in the Examiner today about an investigation by the Minister into an allegation of bullying made by a staff member of the Irish National stud against John Clarke in the middle of last year. Short on detail but I'm sure it will all come out once the politicians get their grubby hands on the report.

Well, TRADE FAIR's remaining in Australia and so I've a bit of money coming back as I had a half a half share in him!! Didn't cover himself in glory here, sadly but is going OK out there.

Little Green Monkey

The first reported foal by the Green Monkey is a filly born Jan. 13. The newborn, bred by Jacqueline Fleck, is the third foal out of multiple winner I’m Angela (Kayrawan).
The Green Monkey( Forestry—Magical Masquerade, by Unbridled) set a world record when selling for $16 million at the 2006 Fasig-Tipton Florida select 2-year-olds in training sale. The Green Monkey stands at Hartley/De Renzo Thoroughbreds near Ocala, Fla. His 2010 fee is $5,000.

First foals by Ravens Pass, Papal Bull and Sakhee's Secret born recently.Papal Bull could produce some good stock

I see the RP is reporting DAYJUR has been retired from stud. I hadn't realised his stud fee had dropped so much - $4,000 last year. He's a really good broodmare sire and it's a pity that they didn't bring him back over here a few years ago if his popularity was on the wane in the US as I think he would have been a popular horse over here at a reasonable, commercial fee. Would have certainly booked Songy to him for starters!!

By Nancy Sexton 12:17PM 19 JAN 2010
DEALS send the Coolmore trio Dehere, Lion Heart and Powerscourt to stand in Turkey, which were revealed to be in the pipeline earlier this month by the Racing Post, have been confirmed by the Turkish Jockey Club.
Joining the trio in Turkey are Grade 1 winner Cuvee, who was set to stand this season at Gainesway Farm in Kentucky for $6,500, and Louisiana's leading sire of 2009 Yonaguska, who was due to stand for $5,000 at Elite Thoroughbreds.
The quinter join 21 other stallions standing under the management of the Jockey Club of Turkey in Izmit including Natagora's sire Divine Light and last season's leading Turkish-based sire Unaccounted For.
Grade 1 winners Dehere and Lion Heart were advertised to stand this season at Ashford Stud in Kentucky for $10,000 and $12,500 respectively.
Their former stud-mate Powerscourt was transferred to Coolmore's Irish base late last year following the emergence of Moyglare Stud Stakes winner Termagant from his first crop.
The son of Sadler's Wells, who captured the Tattersalls Gold Cup and Arlington Million for Aidan O'Brien, was scheduled to stand his first Irish season for €7,500.
Champion two-year-old Dehere retired to Ashford in 1995 but was sold to stand in Japan four years later. He returned to Ashford in 2006, however, and is a regular shuttler to Australia, where he has been represented by the Group 1 winners Belle Du Jour and Defier.
Haskell Invitational winner and Kentucky Derby runner-up Lion Heart has been extremely popular since retiring to stud five years ago, never covering less than 150 mares. The son of Tale Of The Cat has been represented by 12 stakes winners worldwide, including recent Grade 3 winner Pretty Prolific, and filled sixth position on last year's US second crop sires' list.
One place behind Lion Heart on that list is Cuvee, whose six stakes winners include last season's high-class US two-year-old Noble's Promise. The colt propelled Cuvee into fifth position on the leading US two-year-old sires' list when emulating his sire with a win in the Grade 1 Breeders' Futurity.
Rounding off the quintet is Yonaguska, who relocated from Vinery in Kentucky to Elite Thoroughbreds in Louisiana last season. The Grade 2-winning son of Cherokee Run enjoyed something of a revival in 2009 with eight stakes winners to his name led by Grade 2 scorer and Kentucky Derby third Musket Man.

DEALS send the Coolmore trio Dehere, Lion Heart and Powerscourt to stand in Turkey, which were revealed to be in the pipeline earlier this month by the Racing Post, have been confirmed by the Turkish Jockey Club.

Yet Coolmore where twlling U.S Breeders right up to the last moment that those stallions would not be going to Turkey.

Don't know if this was covered towards the end of last year nut Kingsgate Native was confirmed to be 100% infertile and has been gelded now.

Back