Bloodstock News 2010

Is that the reason they've bought Canford ?

High Chaparral is cleaning up in Aus too . He handled fast ground well and his progeny must be the same.

Yes, well done Songsheet, decent result! Just got around to catching up on what happened at the sales. The two I was associated with did not sell, one withdrawn and the other, a Barathea, bought back. Arghhhh.

Depressing as hell, would not be so bad if we had enough money to get them trained.

Galileo just goes from strength to strength, (and I am a BIG fan, even made the pilgrimage to Epsom to see his Derby and I am not a fan of Epsom at all) but so does Dansili, will be interesting to see what happens next season on the track.

FAST COMPANY, a close second to New Approach in a vintage renewal of the Dewhurst Stakes in 2007, has been recruited to the stallion roster at Rathasker Stud in County Kildare.
The son of Danehill Dancer won his maiden and then the Acomb Stakes before embarking on his Dewhurst mission.
At Newmarket he ran that season's champion juvenile New Approach to half a length, with Group 1 winners Raven's Pass and Rio De La Plata filling third and fourth positions.
Fast Company sustained an injury in the following winter and did not run again.
He is by Danehill Dancer and out of the unraced Zafonic mare Sheezalady, a half-sister to Nassau Stakes winner Hawajiss and a daughter of Canadian Mill, who was placed in the Cheveley Park Stakes and Epsom and Irish Oaks.
A stud fee for Fast Company will be announced at a later date.

---------------------

Where has he been until now, and why are Darley not standing him?

Ifraaj is having a remarkable year... Way ahead in the first crop standings. Interesting to see if that continues or if he just gets early sorts. He was always a cracking look animal on track.

Well he's clear on winners, win prize and total prize and had his second group winner in france the other day. Given that he was unlikely to have had the book of mares some of his competition would have had (Holy Roman Emperor for one) i'd say he's had a great year and can only improve.

First crop sires don't have many Group 1 winners at 2 so it's a real scalp. Real scalp for Darley who seem to be turning the tide with coolmore (Galileo excepted). Juddmonte are doing well as well with Oasis Dream and Dansili right up there.

First crop sires don't have many Group 1 winners at 2 so it's a real scalp. Real scalp for Darley who seem to be turning the tide with coolmore (Galileo excepted). Juddmonte are doing well as well with Oasis Dream and Dansili right up there.

Darley have a long way to go before they catch up with Coolmore - they are a long way off Juddmonte let alone the Irish stud.

I was watching the sale online, and for that horse and one or two others, the auctioneeer acknowledged MV Magnier, and then Mohammed Kazeem Alarsari appeared on the Tattersalls website. I thought it was too much of a coincidence for it to to be an error when it happened a few times, so I assumed it was an agent that Magnier was using who actually signed the ticket.

I was watching the sale online, and for that horse and one or two others, the auctioneeer acknowledged MV Magnier, and then Mohammed Kazeem Alarsari appeared on the Tattersalls website. I thought it was too much of a coincidence for it to to be an error when it happened a few times, so I assumed it was an agent that Magnier was using who actually signed the ticket.

Curiouser and curiouser !

Back