Bloodstock News

Apparently Danehill's son, the a/w champ Gentleman's Deal has been sold to Russia to rejuvenate their breeding operation. I'm quite sad about that!

Danehill dancer or Pivotal if he was anyone else but the Aga. He usually breeds for what he thinks will work rather than what's fashionable.

LOL! That's one of the best things about seeing her win - a big success for old fashioned principles. I really do admire his breeding operation - they take the long view

New Approach retired along with Duke Of Marmalade (at the end of the season) with Henrythenavigator (presumably). Will New Approach stand in Ireland or the UK I wonder...suppose it depends where they put Teofilo.

I think New Approach is very special to Princess Haya - her affection for him after his win yesterday was obvious - and as she lives in Newmarket most of the time I'd be surprised if he went anywhere other than Darley HQ. But he might go to Kildangan I suppose; my guess would be Teofilo to Kildangan and NA to Newmarket

Imagine that's end last we will see of Ravens Pass, Henry and The Duke. First two will probably stand in America I would have thought.

Bloodstock World Staff

DARLEY has reduced the fees for most of its European stallions and introduced five-time Group 1 winner New Approach at £30,000 in what John Ferguson, Sheikh Mohammed's bloodstock adviser, describes as a bid to help breeders in the difficult economy.

“With prize-money the way it is and training fees the way they are, the product that we are producing is too expensive, and everyone has got to be aware of the costs of production,” he said, speaking from Kentucky on Thursday.

“Sheikh Mohammed is leading the way by reducing fees across Europe.”

Ferguson added: “New Approach is the highest-rated three-year-old for ten years, and a Derby and Champion Stakes winner. He looks great value at £30,000.”

The son of Galileo, who also won the Irish Champion Stakes this year and two additional Group 1s, the Dewhurst Stakes and National Stakes as a two-year-old, will be the most expensive Darley stallion in Europe next year, as Cape Cross has had his fee at Kildangan Stud reduced to €35,000 – about £28,000 at the present exchange rate. Cape Cross's fee has been €50,000 for the last four seasons.

Other significant developments among the Darley roster include the move of Authorized from Dalham Hall Stud in Newmarket, where he stood his first season for £25,000, to Kildangan, where his fee will be €25,000, and the reverse switch of Dubawi and Manduro to Britain from Ireland, where they both stood for €40,000. Manduro's fee has been reduced to £20,000 and Dubawi's to £15,000.

Shamardal and Shirocco have both been swapped from Dalham Hall to Kildangan, while Bertolini has left Kildangan for Simon Sweeting's Overbury Stud, where he began his career under Darley's banner. King's Best has been moved from Ireland to France, where he will stand at Haras du Logis for €15,000, the same fee he had last season.

“Following the success of Creachodoir, Proclamation and Ancien Regime, among others, King's Best will stand in France, where his father raced and where he was sold as a yearling,” said Ferguson.

Veteran shuttle sire Red Ransom is likely to stay at Vinery in Australia, where he is serving the southern hemisphere season, rather than return to Dalham Hall.

“He has got to the age now where his health comes first,” said Ferguson of the 21-year-old son of Roberto.

No sign of Bertolini on the list, he was at Kildangan last year. I can't recall hearing that he had been moved anywhere. Any ideas?

Shamardal, Shirocco and Authorized move from Dalham Hall to Kildangan. Demotion?

Dubawi and Manduro go in the opposite direction. Promotion?

I'm pretty sure Darley stallions move around to give breeders in different countries ease of access to their roster.

Back