Brexit

Brexit, Stay or Leave.

• Stay

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • Leave

Votes: 19 40.4%

• Total voters
I love the way that the so many are ignoring the Welsh vote here. And we know why

I was surprised at the Welsh vote, considering the regeneration money invested by the EU.

I assume you mean that the ire should be directed at the Welsh as well as the English? Is that really the case? The Welsh vote was a piffling irrelevance in terms of numbers, and it's really undeniable that it is Middle England which has taken us out of the EU - and stating that fact doesn't make someone anti-English.

Corbyn's pitiable contribution to the EU debate, has proven to be the real problem with him being elected Labour Leader. Burnham or Cooper would have been much more vocal, and dragged many more Labour voters along with them, to vote Remain.

He has looked lukewarm at best, and disinterested at worst. He has done more than any Tory would have managed, to erode the core Labour constituency.

Last edited:
I was surprised at the Welsh vote, considering the regeneration money invested by the EU.

I assume you mean that the ire should be directed at the Welsh as well as the English? Is that really the case? The Welsh vote was a piffling irrelevance in terms of numbers, and it's really undeniable that it is Middle England which has taken us out of the EU - and stating that fact doesn't make someone anti-English.

Posts about the "stupid English"?

The most constant theme we can maybe agree on was the theme how immigration has run Britain into the ground. This is simply not true but only time will tell and quite frankly I hope it turns out the way you think it will but I have grave doubts based on the type of campaign that the leave people put forward. Especially with a despicable an individual as Farage at the center of it.

Sadly where is the Labour party in all this?. Corbyn is in another way just as accountable for this defeat.

yea Brendan. I agree with that.

Last edited:
I love the way that the so many are ignoring the Welsh vote here. And we know why

The gap in voting for each part of the UK in numbers:

England 1,921,410 Leave
Wales 82,225 Leave

Northern Ireland 90,995 Remain
Scotland 642869 Remain

Englandshire is to blame.

9 constituencies voted more than 70% Leave - 1 in Cambridgeshire, 1 in Derbyshire, 2 in Essex, 3 in Lincolnshire, 1 in Norfolk and 1 in Notts.

Not in my name.

No grass. Showing your prejudices again. It was not just middle England it was working class (outdated term) England and Wales That's is pretty obvious

No grass. Showing your prejudices again. It was not just middle England it was working class (outdated term) England and Wales That's is pretty obvious

I am not showing any prejudices. Middle England is a geographical, rather than a class, reference.

I am almost on the verge of offering you a shilling, the day you interpret one of my posts correctly.

PS. It really irritates the fu*ck out of me when you constantly accuse me of "prejudice", when I have never demonstrated that in any of my posts, ever.

Last edited:
Posts about the "stupid English"?
What can be concluded from the results is that many of those on here who thought themselves to be in sync with the mood of the working-class and middle England have been proved to be anything but that! This was conspicuous before the vote when they forecast a resounding Remain win, and even more demonstrable in the aftermath of the count when they then dismiss a majority of the British people as "stupid" (Is that the best analysis you can come up with? The best you can do?)

Call him what you like, but Farage demonstrated that he is far more in touch with the national zeitgest than are any of you lot. :whistle:

PS. It really irritates the fu*ck out of me when you constantly accuse me of "prejudice", when I have never demonstrated that in any of my posts, ever.

Well calling us flat racing enthusiasts among many unflattering terms "ponces" could be deemed prejudicial.
But joking aside I have a measure of respect for you and your imo well thought out arguments on several different political topics.

The most constant theme we can maybe agree on was the theme how immigration has run Britain into the ground. This is simply not true but only time will tell and quite frankly I hope it turns out the way you think it will but I have grave doubts based on the type of campaign that the leave people put forward. Especially with a despicable an individual as Farage at the center of it.

Sadly where is the Labour party in all this?. Corbyn is in another way just as accountable for this defeat.

Immigration has angered, scared, confused, and feared enough electorate to elect a prime minister.
I have a friend living in London. A union guy, from ethnic minority origin himself (although I suspect he's probably not a ethnic minority in London). He voted to leave, because of...you guessed it, immigration. I think the British are a proud bunch who don't like living all over each other with people climbing on top of them. We are a small Island, all the action is in the big cities, but you can't have the scale of migration we've had without major repercussions.

Last edited:
What can be concluded from the results is that many of those on here who thought themselves to be in sync with the mood of the working-class and middle England have been proved to be anything but that! This was conspicuous before the vote when they forecast a resounding Remain win, and even more demonstrable in the aftermath of the count when they then dismiss a majority of the British people as "stupid" (Is that the best analysis you can come up with? The best you can do?)

Call him what you like, but Farage demonstrated that he is far more in touch with the national zeitgest than are any of you lot. :whistle:
Dear right-wing lunatic,

No-one on here claimed to be 'in touch' with the mood of any class. Unless you can show otherwise?

Stupid might indeed be a little too simplistic. I would add, for clarification, xenophobic, uneducated, inward-turning, need to travel more, lack of interest/appreciation of benefits (culturally and economically) of immigrants, island mentality, empire mentality (lets make britain great again). I thought 'stupid' was a good catch all term to describe brexit voters.

Last edited:
Unless I'm mistaken, the only person on here who referred to the "stupid English" isn't British and didn't have a vote.

Do I have this right, Hamm - always had you down as a bogger like Ice :lol:.

Last edited:

Oh boy, "national Zeitgeist"
It's been clear to me for some time what your political allegiance is but this at least lays to rest any lingering doubts I might have had.
Thanks for that.

Well calling us flat racing enthusiasts among many unflattering terms "ponces" could be deemed prejudicial.
But joking aside I have a measure of respect for you and your imo well thought out arguments on several different political topics.

Referring to Flatties 'ponces' is anatomically-correct - it's a totally different thing. :p

Unless I'm mistaken, the only person on here who referred to the "stupid English" isn't British and didn't have a vote.

Do I have this right, Hamm - always had you down as a bogger like Ice :lol:).

:) Correct! I could have voted had I stayed in London but whilst London can at times be very good (though overall quality of life poor compared to other big cities in Europe), I got out as forays outside London was like travelling into a different world altogether.

I am not showing any prejudices. Middle England is a geographical, rather than a class, reference.

I am almost on the verge of offering you a shilling, the day you interpret one of my posts correctly.

the usual definition of middle England is not Sunderland and burnley.

If you are liberally orientated etc, not bitter and angry about the world around you and want to help a political party as opposed to just your own political 'angles', join the Lib Dems and help rebuild that party long term.

Last edited:
Back