Brexit

Brexit, Stay or Leave.

• Stay

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • Leave

Votes: 19 40.4%

• Total voters
I think this is a better result than 52-48 the opposite way.

There are a whole heap of issues to be addressed now and some imaginative thinking is required.

Brussels has to make sure Johnson and the rest don't get away with dragging out the exit procedure. Peter Sutherland is right to point out the divergence between Irish and British objectives in the EU but I'm not convinced the UK should be forced out of the single market, as long as they are forced out of Brussels.

The talk is of Scotland looking to separate from England in order to stay in. But there were words in Sturgeon's speech about staying in which might turn out to be key: "in particular the single market". In other words, might Scotland be prepared to stay in the UK as long as they can stay in the single market?

The Irish government should be looking for a way to keep Northern Ireland in the EU as a beneficiary of the CAP and structural funds. Maybe a modus operandi can be found where it would not have representative rights other than its MEPs but could continue to have free movement and free trade?

I definitely agree with expedience, ignoring completely Johnson or was it Gove that yesterday stated there was no rush. Don't think for one minute that the single market point is remotely on the cards, not based on what was heard yesterday albeit emotions running pretty high. Or would this be the associate partner model Merkel pitched on the table? Sturgeon's point would tie directly into that. Does the Irish government have the power to facilitate a move you describe above?

Turnout for the 18-24 age group was 31%. Staggering.

Seriously?

It kind-of serves the dopey-fu*ckers right, then, though doubtless they were turned-off by the hateful nature of the debate (and possibly the characters leading it).

Last edited:
Bang on.

Result stands. Fu**ing deal with it you whinging c**ts.

Scotland will deal with it, Frankel - by dislocating themselves from the cu*nts in England who have done nothing but whinge about the fu*cking EU for years.

:cool:

I definitely agree with expedience, ignoring completely Johnson or was it Gove that yesterday stated there was no rush. Don't think for one minute that the single market point is remotely on the cards, not based on what was heard yesterday albeit emotions running pretty high. Or would this be the associate partner model Merkel pitched on the table? Sturgeon's point would tie directly into that. Does the Irish government have the power to facilitate a move you describe above?

To answer your second question, Ireland on its own would have no such power. I reckon it would require consent in Belfast, London and all the Member States.

Scotland will deal with it, Frankel - by dislocating themselves from the cu*nts in England who have done nothing but whinge about the fu*cking EU for years.

:cool:

The thought of Sturgeon and Salmond back on the trail talking utter drivel, sh1te and generally just talking is sickening. The mute button does come in handy. :ninja:

Boris Johnson was described on r4 this morning as a bit of a loner doesn't like working in teams, always skipping off work and no sexual morals

Which got a who does that remind you of from the other half. Bit unfair I thought. Don't always skip work

What do you think would prevent it?

Not an expert on EU policy but I think it would require an all 27 member state approval and if that is the case strictly looking at the human/emotional angle there is enough resentment there to refuse it.
Being rational what would the EU gain from such a move? I don't see anything tangible.

Boris Johnson was described on r4 this morning as a bit of a loner doesn't like working in teams, always skipping off work and no sexual morals

Which got a who does that remind you of from the other half. Bit unfair I thought. Don't always skip work

Wow! Would never have thought you to have another half.

Not an expert on EU policy but I think it would require an all 27 member state approval and if that is the case strictly looking at the human/emotional angle there is enough resentment there to refuse it.
Being rational what would the EU gain from such a move? I don't see anything tangible.

I don't see why there should be resentment towards trying to find a solution to the difficulties created in Ireland by this result. Northern Ireland, after all, did vote to stay in and a big part of the raison d'etre of the EU is supposed to be about promoting peace.

I don't see why there should be resentment towards trying to find a solution to the difficulties created in Ireland by this result. Northern Ireland, after all, did vote to stay in and a big part of the raison d'etre of the EU is supposed to be about promoting peace.

You might be right but the raison d'etre has imo sadly become a bit of an anachronism when viewed through the prism of rising nationalism and xenophobia thruout not just England but Europe as well.

Well fu*ck me pink. I always had you down as under-40, reet.

It was obvious that Scotland would have another referendum if it was taken out of the EU against it's will, so there's no point wishing it not to happen now.

One of the 'Stay' campaigns biggest sticks in 2014, was the threat of an Independent Scotland self-excluding from the EU. The promise of ongoing EU membership was one of the primary motivations for the No vote. Clearly, if Scotland votes to stay in the EU, but is dragged-out on the back of Brexit, then UK 'democracy' has failed the people of Scotland, and another Indyref is therefore not only desirable, but entirely appropriate, and anything but a fit of pique.

Not even a national fit of pique then, Grass?
Can't really see where a return to the 'Auld Alliance' would benefit Scotland at all - looking at the long-term, and the EU's likely future.

Are you a housewife ?

Not even a national fit of pique then, Grass?
Can't really see where a return to the 'Auld Alliance' would benefit Scotland at all - looking at the long-term, and the EU's likely future.

If there is a fit of pique on display, reet, then it is the English choosing to leave the EU in the first place.

There would be no 'return' to anything - we would simply continue participating in the EU (assuming this can be arranged). And in terms of benefit to Scotland, our best-interest is hardly going to be served by a UK government that is even further to the right of the current one.

England voted for this decision, and are welcome to deal with the consequences, without external interference from anyone. But equally, Scotland didn't vote for this decision, and is entitled to take whatever measures they deem necessary, as a result.

EU should be hard with GB with the agreements to leave
and british will have to pay their responsability for
a electing cameron

b what they vote on thursday

people talking about scotland new referéndum etc

i think london should have their referéndum to know if they want to leave or remain in gb

Last edited:
I acknowledge your point, Tiggers, but this is a forum for discussion and debate.

Absolute democracy has its flaws eg hanging and even the possibility of compulsory repatriation.

this is so typical of the arrogance and laziness of the so called remainers

firstly it takes nothing to look up the last poll result on "hanging". It's a small majority against so you can drop that one.

secondly who are you to say that it's not a valid opinion to have? I'm against but in these days of pretty firm Dna evidence many would argue powerfully the other way.

Lastly since when has forced repatriation of anyone other than illegals been on anyone's agenda. Where the hell is the evidence that anything other than a tiny minority would be seeking that?

As for Scotland, you would think it was a 90 /10 vote. A line that was parroted on the bac this morning. It wasn't . 4/10 voted out. That's a substantial minority

Last edited:
Seriously?

It kind-of serves the dopey-fu*ckers right, then, though doubtless they were turned-off by the hateful nature of the debate (and possibly the characters leading it).

I heard 43% quoted on the radio but either way, 'their future', ( I actually heard a student being interviewed on the radio saying he would vote remain as he wouldn't be allowed to go to France as part of his degree otherwise.................) and most of them couldn't be bothered to go and put a cross in a box.

I would raise the retirement age to 80 to keep as many of the useless fckers out of work as long as possible.

If there is a fit of pique on display, reet, then it is the English choosing to leave the EU in the first place.

There would be no 'return' to anything - we would simply continue participating in the EU (assuming this can be arranged). And in terms of benefit to Scotland, our best-interest is hardly going to be served by a UK government that is even further to the right of the current one.

England voted for this decision, and are welcome to deal with the consequences, without external interference from anyone. But equally, Scotland didn't vote for this decision, and is entitled to take whatever measures they deem necessary, as a result.

London also voted remain, so should they go it alone?

Back