Buying A Successful Broodmare

My filly Mo is 4 years old today. I say this so that all you nutters out there can wish her happy birthday also, and I will tell her tomorrow about your kind wishes.

If you would like to make payments directly into my bank account I will see to it that she gets a nice cake.

Cards should be addressed to ;

Mo
England

FOUR years - what a nice age! How about Kindergarden then? I understand she can already spell her name? (Mind you, its a simple enough one anyway!)

Happy Birthday Mo!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I will start a separate thread if you like on the General Topics part of this forum. I am assuming being your filly, she can read - she can can't she?. :what:

As for baking a cake for Mo, UG don't be so ridicuous, horses don't eat cake... not even carrot cake. Some people, eh. shrug::

Aw, I bet you turned up with a bag of carrots for her today didn't you?? You'd better have given one to Monty or I'll tell his breeders on you!!!!! :laughing:

Never mind swapping tales of who got the best gaff, Jules - surely it'll be squabbling over who was the best lay??

Really, Shadz, these are quality ladeeeze, not coarse Friday night slappers! In fact, I think ICEMAN is the Swiss Tony of Cheveley - "making love to a beautiful filly is like appreciating fine wine... one has to take one's time over it to make the experience special, and to let your lovely filly know that she's the one, the only one for you. Well, on that day, anyway... " norty

Lovely photos all round - wee Bazza is looking very sturdy now. I must visit him before he gets too much older, Kathy.

:shy: Of course he is! It was Bonny's Daddy who was £4k, wasn't it? Hey-ho, back out doing those 'mature lady' shots for the top shelf mags again...

Well, just OCEANICO to collect at the weekend and it's a full house here - RITF came home this evening with a very elegant PICCOLO filly in tow, fraffly well-behaved and nothing like the hellhound who went off a few weeks back! Also on the box was another mare, EASY MOVER and her very nice chunky chesnut KHEYLEF filly foal, who are staying here as companions for mine.

:P Phew - the farm now seems to be jam-packed with equines again. For a while, it looked as if the bovines were going to take over!

OCEANICO DOT COM (aka Annie) came home yesterday and I ahve to say she looks a picture. We went up to Overbury to get her and rang ahead to say we'd be there at lunchtime. The Stud Groom had to go out so he arranded for one of the lads to meet us and load her. The young lad handed over the rug that had evidently gone with her from the Sales and the paperwork, helped load the mare very quietly (I don't think Annie had ever been on a trailer and she did take a long look at it before consenting to step in!) and then turned to us both and said thank you very much for sending her and he hoped he'd see us again next year.

What a change from some places I've been to where they can barely summon up the effort to speak civilly to the customer collecting the horse!!

Annie travelled very well as I would have expected and I left her in the foaling box under the camera last night, just in case she decided to colic but all was well and she was tunred out with CALYPSO LADY as a companion in a small paddock opposite the Chubs, in order that she gets used to cattle before we move her again into the big paddock with the other in-foalers and main suckler herd.

Next action is to write all the cheques for the last lot of keep/vets bills and check to see how dodgy my knees are, as An may have an idea there about paying for them....

Update on Bukett:

Her daughter Blazing Beauty (by Monsun) won a Handicap III in Mühlheim yesterday (paid 12-1 and we never had a penny on her)

and Best of Thurgau is running in the Swiss Derby on Sunday - he has been beaten in some important trial in between, but my reports said he had a bad race and the slow pace did not suit him. Lets hope first time blinkers will do the trick.

Buketts brother Bergo (the one that Nick Mordin was so positive about) has now been sold to Ireland, as Mordin did expect last year already.

2:30 Davidoff Swiss Derby (3yo) 1m4f

[off 2:38] £20,084.00, £8,033.00, £6,025.00, £4,017.00, £2,008.00

Draw TRAINER Age Wgt JOCKEY SP OR TS RPR

1 Meshugah (IRE) 10 R Gibson 3 9-2 F Spanu — 97
2 5 Cesar Le Peintre (FR) 6 H-A Pantall 3 9-2 G Toupel — 89
3 nk Ganderas (GER) 13 M Weiss 3 9-2 Robert Havlin — 89
4 2 Best Of Thurgau (GER) 12 Carmen Bocskai 3 9-2 G Bocskai — 86
5 1¾ Pont Des Arts (FR) 7 K Schafflutzel 3 9-2 O Placais — 83
6 nk Mascarpone (GER) 4 M Weiss 3 9-2 R Kaderli — 83
7 1 Swiss Act (GB) 9 M Johnston 3 9-2 Joe Fanning — 81
8 1½ Auenritter (GER) 3 Karin Suter 3 9-2 T Castanheira — 79
9 1¾ Big Honor (IRE) 11 U Suter 3 9-2 S Ladjadj — 76
10 8 Song Of Victory (GER) 8 M Weiss 3 9-2 Fergus Sweeney — 64
11 8 Ansermo (GER) 2 Christina Bucher 3 9-2 A Sanglard — 52
12 5 Mamborock (FR) 1 J-L Pelletan 3 9-2 A Gavilan — 45
13 dist Mission Apollo (FR) 5 J-L Pelletan 3 9-2 F-X Bertras — —

Better than nothing, I suppose ....

Good horsey! Certainly a good showing, and nice prize money for 4th place, too. You should be very pleased with yourselves and I hope Besty gets extra carrots or apples for his efforts!

Interesting to see Robert Havlin up for M. Weiss there.

At Krizon's request, I am about to post some (bad) pictures taken today of The Gang (taken when feeding them early this morning) in the Photography Section

Back