Champion Hurdle 2013

Youdon't make it easy do you 7f aint exactly the Sprme hurdle :0)

Jackie Love. Not an exceptionally fast pace in the early stages nothing seemed to be struggling to keep up, front runners seemed to quicken it up around the 3 furlong marker then slowed drastically in the closing stages with 2 or 3 closing rapidly but more a case of the ones in front slowing than the others quickening up..........would have said overall not a fast run race for a handicap.

Sandy Lane: I'd say that was run at a good but steady pace throughout but not breakneck. Plenty in with chances and winner has found plenty I'd say overall pretty fast race.

Last edited:
Apologies for my outbursts, I've got suspected Salmonella and I'm feeling even more mentally delirious that usual.:D

you doing ok Tanlic..mind you..you have fitted.. good.. steady and fast into the description of the 2nd race:lol:..you got all corners marked there:cool:

when you do the 3rd one i'll let you know what the figures say..not that they are proven obviously..but better than eye..imo

thanks for having a go anyway..a few here seem to think they can see more than the numbers..but only you have had a go

Last edited:
Macks Sister: Leader has poached a couple of lengths but nothing in a hurry to go with him. I'd say he looked to be going faster than he actually was. Although he weakened it wasn't until late on and wasn't drastic. Compared to Sandy Lanes race a bit faster in the mid section but slower over the last 2 furlongs.

2 3 1 strongest run race to weakest in that order.

Probably wrong but we were discussing the pace in NH hurdle races not downhill Lingfield Sprints.

Apologies for my outbursts, I've got suspected Salmonella and I'm feeling even more mentally delirious that usual.:D
I thought you had left mate.had 2 tickets for Ascot I gave to Clivex but it was off anyway....so no harm done................hope you feel better than me I overdid it over the Xmas period as you do and still feel like sh1t

Last edited:
to those that can judge pace by eye....view these races and say what pace each race is run at

Jackie Love 30/12/12 Lingfield
Sandy Lane 21/12/12 Lingfield
Mack's Sister 11/12/12 Lingfield

even slow or fast?

Having had a quick look with the clock, none of the races were run at either a crawl or a suicidal gallop.

Jackie Love - Even.
Sandy Lane - Slow(ish).
Mack's Sister - Fast(ish).

It's difficult to know without having an idea of the pars for the track - I don't watch much racing at Lingfield.

Have you any strong opinion on these moderate 7f all-weather handicaps, Grasshopper? :whistle:

Macks Sister: Leader has poached a couple of lengths but nothing in a hurry to go with him. I'd say he looked to be going faster than he actually was. Although he weakened it wasn't until late on and wasn't drastic. Compared to Sandy Lanes race a bit faster in the mid section but slower over the last 2 furlongs.

2 3 1 strongest run race to weakest in that order.

Probably wrong but we were discussing the pace in NH hurdle races not downhill Lingfield Sprints.

All 3 were run by the leaders at slightly faster than even pace..Macks Sister's race just the fastest...all 3 winners ran even pace to win..no extreme pace scenarios.

it weren't an easy ask i must admit.

Having had a quick look with the clock, none of the races were run at either a crawl or a suicidal gallop.

Jackie Love - Even.
Sandy Lane - Slow(ish).
Mack's Sister - Fast(ish).

It's difficult to know without having an idea of the pars for the track - I don't watch much racing at Lingfield.

Have you any strong opinion on these moderate 7f all-weather handicaps, Grasshopper? :whistle:

pretty good estimate :cool:

Grassy won't know wtf you are talking about ..7f?..all weather? :lol:

I thought you had left mate.had 2 tickets for Ascot I gave to Clivex but it was off anyway....so no harm done................hope you feel better than me I overdid it over the Xmas period as you do and still feel like sh1t
A nice thought, matey. I've had loads on recently and it isn't stopping anytime soon, I find interacting and reading/writing regularly on this place very draining, so breaks are welcome.

Well if you're ever up in the Northeast get yer ass and say hello we'll go to Gosforth Park, but not Northumberland Plate Day or anything else too busy.

Having said that, I might transfer and go back to London to do year three of university in September so plans remain fluid for when you come over.:)

Last edited:
Yoou should try and find a course in stop watching so you can judge pace better. EC only charges 60 quid an hour including my commission.:lol:

It's a f*cking outrage on a Champion Hurdle thread. :mad:
It's ok!! Darlan worked over 7 furlongs the other day Grassy He slowed noticeably over the last quarter and EC forgot his stopwatch so he wanted to test me to see if I could judge the pace to find out if he had gone too fast early on or he is just stone useless...........Honest:lol:

The good news is he's useless and no danger to Hurricane Fly ;)

Back to the Champion Hurdle. Donnie are staging the Haydock trial that Grandouet was to run in...any chance of it being on?

He'll lack nothing in the way of fitness if it does survive and I wouldn't expect seeing off Peddlers Cross to be too much of a problem. Grandouet is described as being in sparkling form and you can bet almost to a man he still heads the pecking list as their number one chance at SB despite what the bookies would have you believe.

If it is on he'll win, simple as and he will immediately be promoted to joint fav along with Hurricane Fly and possible we could have joint favs of 3 if the bookies insist on keep on treating punters like mushroom.......by keeping 'em in the dark and sh1tting on them twice a week.

My advice would be to back Grandouet for the CH the minute they say Donnie is on (if it is) even if you only want to lay him off for a profit after the race.

Sun was splitting the trees when I woke up this morning after dreaming about the CH and I was hopeful for Donnie until I remembered I'm in Thailand.:lol:

Not sure Grandouet price will reduce that much for the champion hurdle now if they do race on Saturday and he wins.
Peddlers Cross to run at Kempton on friday in a bumpers race & Raya Star won't race as same owner as Grandouet.
Only Countrywide Flame & Balder success to beat surely?

No definitely goes to Kempton on friday, confirmed on Racing UK.
Presume they think the Cleeve will be a tough ask with so long off the track.

Not necessarily. They stand alone as best price on only oneof the first 25 in the list (ROR at 10/1).

Going off at a tangent on to the ante-post betting on the National, I see that for all the brouhaha about how impressive Prince De Beauchene was on his comeback, On His Own has been cut all week across the board into joint favouritism. This was Ruby's choice last year - he could have ridden the winner or third - and he was travelling very well indeed when coming down at Becher's 2 (possibly distracted by loose horse jumping diagonally in front of him). I took 16/1 last night.

Spent twenty minutes trying to find this thread. PDB now trading under 16/1 on Betfair and Corals have gone 12/1.

Could a mod start a new thread Grand National thread with DO's post?

Last edited:
That will do.

Thought McCoy gave Binocular a good ride, though I'm unconcerned insofar as form-reversal at the Festival is concerned.

Back