Champion Hurdle 2013

As one who backed Steps to Freedom last year for this years Champion this might be the only runner in my portfolio that runs in the race I've backed him for!

Methinks studying the handicaps in detail will be required.

Taking a stab at a likely field?

Guessing game of course but given the likelihood of a setback or two etc, seems around 10-12 is a good number for likely starters

And yes, that 25/1 each way Binocular does sound damn good in that context

4/32114-3 BINOCULAR (FR) 9 J P McManus Nicky Henderson
1111-25 CINDERS AND ASHES 6 Dermot Hanafin & Phil Cunningham Donald McCain
111U3-2 COTTON MILL 6 Bloomfields John Ferguson
2312-142 COUNTRYWIDE FLAME 5 Estio Pinnacle Racing John Quinn
B/1F11-2 GRANDOUET (FR) 6 Simon Munir Nicky Henderson
1131-111 HURRICANE FLY (IRE) 9 George Creighton & Mrs Rose Boyd Willie Mullins IRE
121/406/ KHYBER KIM 11 Caroline Mould Nicky Henderson
301-122 RAYA STAR (IRE) 7 Simon Munir Alan King
24-1112 REBEL FITZ (FR) 8 Brian Sweetnam Michael Winters IRE
3/1213-31 ROCK ON RUBY (IRE) 8 The Festival Goers Harry Fry
011105- STEPS TO FREEDOM (IRE) 7 Mrs Sean Hussey Jessica Harrington IRE
1/15F-11 ZARKANDAR (IRE) 6 Chris Giles & Potensis Limited Paul Nicholls

Can't see it myself as Grandouet doesn't need a pacemaker. RS was mega disappointing the other day and has had too many hard races for my liking. If they do run him I'd have to put it down to Alan King looking for luckies as things would have to terribly wrong for more than half the field before he'd have any sort of chance. Balder Success ...would he run? The owner of Oscar Whisky was interviewed on TFR and made out like he wasn't sure where he'd run until he was put in his place and told you can't say you don't know and then he gave in and said def the World Hurdle..I wonder if Ransom Note will turn up he's owned by the guy who had Bindaree.........some run these no hopers just to say they have a runner in it so I'll say 14 runners just to be different

Last edited:
You gotta love these comedians who write for people like Skysports.

A huge heading Rebel Fitz is still likely to head for the Champion Hurdle at Cheltenham

But when you read the article: " You don't wish anything bad on any horse, but if Hurricane Fly couldn't go to Cheltenham, we might just be on the boat" "If all the big boys turn up we might give it a miss and stay at home"

Obviously whoever wrote that doesn't know the difference between unlikely and likely

This apparently on RTE

Hurricane fly rumours abound.

Updated: Tuesday, 21 Feb 2013 13:10 | Comments

Rumours abound that Champion Hurdle favourite Hurricane Fly may be out of the race.
More to follow...

Ignore my last two posts - they're bollocks.

My 'mate' (who has backed Zarkander) figured it would be a right hoot..........the c*cksucker. :mad:

Last edited:
Apologies to anyone spooked by those posts (natch, I include myself in those numbers).

Rest assured I will be taking a f*ckin crossbow to the cnut when I next see him.

This apparently on RTE

Rumours abound that Champion Hurdle favourite Hurricane Fly may lose the race if they go too fast

:ninja:

Last edited:
This apparently on RTE

Rumours abound that Champion Hurdle favourite Hurricane Fly may lose the race if they go too fast

:ninja:

:lol:

In other news, sand racing is in full flow, get involved.

Last edited:
Yis bastards.me heart. You need to be more selective of who you follow on twitter than of people in real life

There are some dopes tweeting on there. I never realised there was so many ASD suffers out there.

Last edited:
Yis bastards.me heart. You need to be more selective of who you follow on twitter than of people in real life

Granger, this was all down to me - or more accurately, the large Jackeen oaf of a mate of mine, I refered to earlier. I intend to remonstrate with him in a most vigorous manner when I see him, and have already sent him numerous profane and threatening emails and texts on the matter.

Again, I can only offer my profuse apologies to all HF backers.

The lack of an alarming drift was something I pointed-out to him in my initial response, Slim, but (because he is such an unutterable tosspot) he followed-up immediately with the RTE whopper......at which point I went into a tailspin.

I am not lying when I tell you that I was about 3 seconds away from laying £400 at 2.96, when the 'I'm winding you up" mail came through - it's a sum I would have happily retraced from his fundament with a harpoon, if he'd been any slower......the fat doss c*nt. :cool:

Last edited:
That was your subconscious telling you do it! do it! You Hurricane Fly supporters really have got to get up with the times and realize that was then and this is now.

Once I used to join in
every boy and girl was my friend.
Now there's revolution, but they don't know
what they're fighting.
Let us close out eyes;
outside their lives go on much faster.
Oh, we won't give in,
we'll keep living in the past.

Should we read anything into how quiet the yard is about Grandouet?

Anyone from the yard interviewed about the race just glosses over him and goes on about Binocular etc. Are they genuinely worried about him or are they trying to deflect attention away from him because they know they have the field stone dead with him?

You mean you hope he doesn't get up the hill:D

We'll know more about his well being during the coming week.

Before he was injured they were absolutely delighted with him and the way he was progressing.

He was just out of his sick bed when they made that video so you can't expect the man to say he's back where he was because there's no way he would be. He'd let him take it easy for at least a week after the injury had cleared up.

He's off to Newbury, Sunday afternoon and they see how he comes out of that. Talking to Nicky beforehand would be like talking to a brick wall. and the most you'd probably get is he's fine and going the right way.....

No doubt he'll be swarmed after he finishes his gallop and words will be put to print but I wouldn't expect fireworks as he wouldn't be going if he didn't need it..........I'd have thought his next serious gallop is the one that will tell if he's going to be spot on or not.

Back