Champion Hurdle 2013

Fishwives abound, and whilst they will ultimately be shown for the harbourside gossips they are, nothing will prevent them from gnashing through their tombstone pegs when the sword of righteousness falls across their harriden, nay-saying throats.
That's 175-rated verbosity.

:)

I'm not sure that it is, Tanlic.

Should HF win the Champion Hurdle, we'll undoubtedly be treated to stats which suggested ROR went off too fast.....or possibly too slow.....how the rain-softened ground, pedestrian pace and small-field helped HF stay with them.....and how the sectionals point to the race being of similar merit to the Swinton.

Fishwives abound, and whilst they will ultimately be shown for the harbourside gossips they are, nothing will prevent them from gnashing through their tombstone pegs when the sword of righteousness falls across their harriden, nay-saying throats.

I understand every word of what you are saying and I agree...... which is extremely worrying:D

I reckon there will be plenty pace and not by rags which is often the case Cotton Mill, Rock On Ruby and Zarkandar have all got to be ridden positively.

Cotton Mill went very early in the Neptune and looks more of stayer than a speedster, Rock on Ruby was always front rank when he won last year. Zarkandar was left for dead when the pace suddenly quickened last year then finished like a train, Surely they will make sure that it wont happen this year and have him bang up there from the outset. Eve if he hits a flat spot again, his chances of coming back to them would be greatly improved.

All 3 trainers are aware that Hurricane Fly Binocular Khyber Kim and Grandouet will be looking to pick them off so they have to force the pace to try and take the stings out of there tails. With so many good horses in this years race it wouldn't surprise me if this turns out to be one of the fastest CH ever run.

For me this looks like best Champion Hurdle in recent years and by some way

Agree with all of that, Fist.
The pace may vary at different stages of individual races, but Champion Hurdles not run at a decent clip overall are rarer than hen's teeth, and I'd doubt this renewal would be any different.

Last edited:
looks a paceless race..unless one of the main protaganists are going to make it..then Henderson and Nicholls have dropped a major clanger not putting a pacemaker in there

i wonder if Zarkandar will make it?

if nothing does..HF will eat them alive

I reckon if nothing else does they'll send Zarkandar on. If he was mine I would want him to make it.

Ferguson is running his in the county and surely unless he's on drugs Alan King will do the same and NH is swithering with Khyber Kim.

Possibly only 7 runners this is going to be fascinating.......

Possible Headlines......take your pick ...."Binocular Sees them Off" "Hurricane Blows Them Away" "Zark Sparks in Thriller" "Grand Start For Henderson" "Ruby Rocks Them Again" " Flame Burns 'Em" "Cinders Fairy Tale For McCain"

Last edited:
grandouet showing signs of weakness on betfair again. i've a feeling we'll get an announcement by sunday and he won't turn up.

What is more worrying for me is the fact that he is more or less the same price as he was back in the autumn. Even though the favourite has died and no other horse has put up a performance much better than their previous form.

There doesn't seem to have been much money for him at any stage of the season.

Yeah it's very worrying he's gone from 8 yesterday to 8.2 today :rolleyes:
8.6 now.

i was looking more at the smaller amounts of money wanting to back him in comparison with others. also zero money wanting to back him in the place market.

as i said, just "signs of weakness" and probably more related to what charlie morlock said at a preview last night than anything more sinister. i wasn't trying to scare monger.

It was pretty-much the same story yesteday, JamesRB......buttons for him either side, in comparison with the other three principals

yeah i didn't look yesterday. either way weak is weak and as i said, is probably down to some of the recent comments by people connected with the stable.

Bar, with respect you are wrong I have backed him loads of times at rates between 12 and 14 before the International.....No surprise he hasn't moved a lot since but he has gone from 9.6 down to as low as 8 despite having not run. He was actually 8.8 last week now 8.2 and he has been matched for almost the same amount as Rock On Ruby and Zarkandar.

If he turns up on the day fit and well I doubt if they will be offering 7/1

I think alot had to do with Darlan hitting the headlines when he won so well and then Grandouet had a set back......He'll have had his final gallop by now so all we can do is wait and see how he is over the weekend and wait for news good or bad......que sera as they say

8.6 now.

i was looking more at the smaller amounts of money wanting to back him in comparison with others. also zero money wanting to back him in the place market.

as i said, just "signs of weakness" and probably more related to what charlie morlock said at a preview last night than anything more sinister. i wasn't trying to scare monger.
WTF are you talking about I have Betfair up in front of me right now and there's 62 quid availble at 8.2 and if you want you can lay him for 13 quid at 8.6

What was Charlie saying?...you do know he's Binocular's biggest fan and he's biased :lol: Corky Brown has backed Binocular I see...........that's two bad judges. Plus how would he know when the horse wasn't doing his last piece of work until this morning? Maybe it will come a bit too soon for him but that's life.......

Last edited:
WTF are you talking about I have Betfair up in front of me right now and there's 62 quid availble at 8.2 and if you want you can lay him for 13 quid at 8.6
That's buttons compared to the other principles. I guess we'll see. But he is weak in the market. Simple as that.

Absolutely hate these final days,don't think i can take any more knocks to my ante post book.Bucks,Ferof,Dynaste,flemenstar.....I'm praying Grandouet has worked well

Absolutely hate these final days,don't think i can take any more knocks to my ante post book.Bucks,Ferof,Dynaste,flemenstar.....I'm praying Grandouet has worked well
taking a look at betfair now. it looks toast.

am sure tanlic will be along shortly to assure everyone he's fine.

Back