Champion Hurdle 2014

It's wet, current going is good to soft/soft in places.
With the current forecast and experience from last season especially when we had a lot of rain just before racing, I reckon it will be heavy tomorrow.

It looks like another interesting day in the Cotswolds, DG. What is the ground like? Have you had as much rain there as the rest of us?

Good to soft, soft in places plenty of beefy showers this morning and more rain forecast so could go soft.

Just the two take on Annie Power tomorrow, Zarkandar and Empire Levant.

That is a very disappointing field; I had hoped to see Jonjo's inexperienced second-season hurdler.

These mid-winter graded races in England really struggle for numbers.

True - we might as well be running them in Ireland .

Very disappointing that More of That not running .

Nice win from Annie. Doesn't tell us much more than we already know. Still torn in three as to which race she'll go for. Should do very well whichever is chosen.

Nice by Annie for sure but **** poor from Jacob IMO. He allowed the pacemaker to set it up for the other horse ffs. Zark probably wouldn't have been good enough anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very impressive and she is 9 from 9 but I am very doubtful that Zarkandar is the same horse this year.

She beat nothing today, Zarkander is looking more and more a 3m+ horse every day of the week, wouldn't put it off him running in Grand National in three years time.

Gosh. You mean Annie Power outstayed (as well as outclassed) a 3+ miler. Better stick her in the National immediately, then.

Too good to run in a National, too much value and class.

She'll be outpaced in a Champion Hurdle, probably come tanking to the last in World Hurdle and get done for turn of foot by Big Bucks.

HURRICANE FLY is worth taking on if he starts at around even money for the Irish Champion hurdle, my reasons are, I feel Mullins would of had him super fit for the Ryanair hurdle, he would of wanted to capture every group 1 possible before the horses aging legs give way, which may be very shortly. It was a another visually stunning performance and to the eye he looks to good for JEZKI and OUR CONNOR. The horses mentioned are getting stronger each month and will be improving where logic says the HURRICANE should be turning into a breeze shortly.

Second reason, JEZKI was hemmed in and impeded at the most crucial stage of the race, all momentum and chance of catching the HURRICANE had gone as the HURRICANE,s TURN of foot and will to win is to strong. OUR CONNOR was a shade disappointing, but there are rumors he is being brung to the boil slowly but surely.

I make a guess at the opening market prices being similar to the ryanair hurdle starting prices. I am hoping to get 3/1 for JEZKI as I see that being good value.:)

Even better fellows, old Paddy Power have gone right over the top, they have just priced up the Irish champion hurdle and amazingly they go as follows

1/2 HURRICANE CRY, this is a big overreaction from the POWER
7/2 JEZKI
7/2 OUR CONNOR

I advise you to devour the 7/2 about JEZKI like FROG THE BOUNTY MUNCHER devours his flies at his swamp.

I will make another bold prediction I say take the 9/1 OUR CONNOR for the champion hurdle, you can even go each way, he will surely be much better come March and 9/1 may look a crazy price by then.

as for JEZKI he has been beaten all 3 times he has contested in fields with more than 10 runners, so I make him a big negative for Cheltenham, but in small fields his record is an impeccable 6 from 7 or 85.7% if you like it like that:o

Even better fellows, old Paddy Power have gone right over the top, they have just priced up the Irish champion hurdle and amazingly they go as follows

1/2 HURRICANE CRY, this is a big overreaction from the POWER
7/2 JEZKI
7/2 OUR CONNOR

I advise you to devour the 7/2 about JEZKI like FROG THE BOUNTY MUNCHER devours his flies at his swamp.

I will make another bold prediction I say take the 9/1 OUR CONNOR for the champion hurdle, you can even go each way, he will surely be much better come March and 9/1 may look a crazy price by then.

as for JEZKI he has been beaten all 3 times he has contested in fields with more than 10 runners, so I make him a big negative for Cheltenham, but in small fields his record is an impeccable 6 from 7 or 85.7% if you like it like that:o

Would you be offering evens or better?

Back