Champion Hurdle 2014

Would you be offering evens or better?

Well to be honest I am not 1 for taking bets. It was just my vague guess at what the opening prices would be, I would honestly say I think HURRICANE would of been a lay at evens never mind 1/2. Paddy Power don't like taking chances with the FLY, they always open him quite short for group 1,s in Ireland.

My view is basically not going totally by the form of the last race, but taking into account what will be different next time i.e ( Hurricane getting older JEZKI, OUR CONNOR, getting stronger and improving) I know it is only a month's difference but it can be amazing how things can change.

It reminds me of AL KAZEEM winning the Coral Eclipse last year where DECLARATION OF WAR was a strong staying on 2 lengths second over his first ever race over 1 mile 2.

My theory was that if DOW could give AL KAZEEM a close race on his first start over the distance, he would have a great chance of turning the tables next time, given that of the 2 he would likely be the one to improve more. I was shocked on the morning of the Juddmonte international where DOW opened at 10/1 and AL kAZEEM opened at around 7/4, to me the gulf in prices massively to far apart, given the likely improvement DOW would show, and DOW went on for quite a comfortable victory. that,s just my theory I figure you can get value that way;)

Would you be offering evens or better?

also from a punting perspective, JEZKI,s price holds much more value, as I dare say he may have even beaten the FLY but for MCCOYS silly ride:lol:.

so for the gulf in prices 1/2 to 7/2 there is surely only one logical bet out of the 2, that is unless you feel the FLY is just far to good for the youngsters and even with improvement to come he will still hold them off fairly well, If that's your opinion good luck:)

FFS. Can mods check IP addresses? Surely this guy is the same person as the longer standing dickhead that's been polluting this place for a while.

Tougher policing surely in order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FFS. Can mods check IP addresses? Surely this guy is the same person as the longer standing dickhead that's been polluting this place for a while.

Mods please check this is really BennyB - his language sounds far too polite? compared to other posts. Possibly a New years resolution? :D

If you do not want me to contribute in discussions just say so, I will regrettably have no further input if I am seen as upsetting the group harmony, I do not claim to be a know it all, but I feel my contributions are positive in giving people a different view.

Hang in there Flash, my'boy:D

I'm walking around here with two usernames but the mods allow it for me because I get more people to advertise. :)

Last edited:
I have a gut feeling The Fly wont line up in March. Obviously I hope I'm wrong. As while I'm in Camp New, you want the best horses lining up at the Festival.

No real basis granger, just a gut feeling. He's flying right now, more forward than he's been at this stage in last couple of years.

I just have a nagging fear. Maybe its because it's happened me enough times over the years. When I've hit peak fitness, bang, injury. He has proved delicate in the past.

As I say I hope I'm wrong and I'm not fly-bashing. I love the horse! I was firmly in his camp last season. Just a fear I have and I'm looking at Our Conor as an ew saver thinking if the fly doesn't turn up, his current price will look even more ridiculous.

Good as HF is, and I wouldn't mind seeing him win again, I can't have a 10yo winning the CH. If he does would that mean he's a one in a lifetime horse or just that all his opponents are overrated ?

Good as HF is, and I wouldn't mind seeing him win again, I can't have a 10yo winning the CH. If he does would that mean he's a one in a lifetime horse or just that all his opponents are overrated ?

It would need every opponent he's faced in the last 5 years would need to be over-rated......including all the multiple Grade-1 winners he's cuffed.

The horse remains hugely under-rated - principally because he's never obliterated a CH field......something that is in the post for delivery in 9 weeks time.

lofty expectations to think he can "obliterate" this field grass. i wouldn't expect that and i'm one of his supporters.

Back