Champion Hurdle 2014

Im in the younger brigade camp also Steve.TNO to take him off his feet a la Rock on Ruby,with MTOY waiting behind.

And so it begins :lol:

That's pretty much the way It'll go... We've still got time to talk Grasshopper round though, so don't despair!

I think HF could be a good place lay. I dont dabble in those bets myself but not hard to envisage

Euros comment Cunningham comment is fair. Which way do older horses go? They frequently prefer more give as they get on dont they? The poster sneering at that point would perhaps like to tell us why ?

Secondly we are told hes "better than ever at 10". its an easy question but a horse that just beat Peddlars cross at cheltenham will have to be against what looks likely to be the best field hes faced

Frankly, how many horses are "better than ever at 10" ? Some slogging chasers maybe but overall? Exactly. I think thats bollocks

Average age of ch winners? Isnt it 7?

As good as he has been this season its possible to see him hitting the age wall in what is likely to be his most testing race

I also think the Christmas hurdle battle benefitted both horses strongly. everyone goes on about fitness and how such and such "may be as fat as a pig now but will be ready on the day" "trainer is a genius blah blah" but give me some experience anyday.

Last edited:
Hurricane Fly’s chances of winning a Champion Hurdle at 10 have, of course, already been summed up by Oliver Wallace and Ned Washington:

I seen a peanut stand, heard a rubber band
I seen a needle that winked its eye

But I've been, done, seen about everything
When I see a Hurricane Fly

So strong is this view, that it was even put into the film Dumbo to warn against taking the available odds.:whistle:

Hurricane is a place lay for me too,
He is too old and cheltenham is not ideal for him.

I think un de sceux is the one,
The main dangers Our connor and the new one. Jezki can run well too.

I think annie power will not run here.

My tent or yours better on flat courses.

Being serious for a moment, the following horse's are the ones that worry me most:

That is all. GIRFUY. :D

And HF will be wheezing up the hill thinking "fck this for a game of soldiers"

Bounces Ruby off and trots back to stable for an afternoon kip

THE NEW ONE will take matters into his own hands and a naive ride will see him go to the front too soon once again. MTOY will fall at the fifth when the pace increases. THE HURRICANE will be cruising home towards the last with an easy lead gained coming round the bend, only with Paul Townend on board, delighting the masses of 6/4 favourite backers. Then along comes Ruby Walsh on UN DE SCEAUX, out of nowhere, full of running to do an AL Ferof supreme hurdle-style attack, only turbo-powering up the hill to win the Champion Hurdle in the quickest time in the history of the race, going away.

Back