Champion Hurdle 2014

The vicinity of Captain Cee Bee doesn't bother me regarding the form of the race as it was his medium, slow then fast pace fractions that brought that result about.
CBB has recently been used to set races but always at steady fractions. He therefore usually is a beaten horse approaching the final furlong and eased just like all pacemakers ,as in the Ryanair Hdle.
If CCB ran up to his best form ever today as he didn't run flat out-I have him on 163- then Hurricane Fly is on 168 and that includes his winning margin and 'won going away'.

the race I'm looking forward to more than any other at the festival and that includes seeing my beloved Bob's Worth scoop another Gold Cup

Take a few hours to go through the last four years of Champion Hurdle threads. You'll find my answers to such revisionist, fishwife, bull-sh*t are already public knowledge. :cool:

There's enough sh*t of yours on this thread without going through 4 more years of it :lol:

Couldn't resist that one ;):cool:

How many races does OC need to get fit then? Tactical race again. Jezki just not good enough. OC better but still when it came down to it the old man is powering away from him. Add in the hill and he won't get close to the fly. TNO doesn't have the toe. MTOY.....is he good enough? I can't see him getting past Fly.

How many races does OC need to get fit then? Tactical race again. Jezki just not good enough. OC better but still when it came down to it the old man is powering away from him. Add in the hill and he won't get close to the fly. TNO doesn't have the toe. MTOY.....is he good enough? I can't see him getting past Fly.

Jezki will be much better at Cheltenham with how the race will be run, as will OC. As for TNO, Hardy wasn't quick enough either.
MTOY, if it is good/soft, he will be motionless at the last doing a Harch.

Jezki will be much better at Cheltenham with how the race will be run, as will OC. As for TNO, Hardy wasn't quick enough either.
MTOY, if it is good/soft, he will be motionless at the last doing a Harch.

"doing a harch" being a dog with fleas?

Jezki will always be the bridesmaid,although I would question the tactics today,he must be ridden different at cheltenham.He makes far too many mistakes when push comes to shove.might be a blessing that McCoy will surely opt for MTOY,I think Geraghty will suit the horse better.Our Connor will be there or thereabouts on the big day,its just how much work has been left to do with him,not as much as some people might think.MTOY will come on a lot for the Xmas hurdle and if The New One forces the issue I see the finish being decided by Our Conor, MTOY and the Fly-with the younger brigade having the advantage.

Has OC shown enough promise to make him a contender? - Yep
Has OC progressed to his full potential ?- Nope
Has OC proven that he handles Chelts. C/D and likely going?-Yep
Has OC the form in the book to win the Champion Hurdle? - Yep.

OC absolutely does not have the form in the book to win a Champion Hurdle - has has at least a half-stone to find.

As mentioned previously on this subject..Coutrywide Flame got to within 4L of 'The Hurricane' last year and Zarkandar 6L in the Champion Hurdle.
Our Conor has the Triumph Hurdle form- won by 15L+ to be at least 5L in front of HF.

Well done Hurricane Fly a true legend and still the best but my argument has always been that Our Conor has the most room for improvement come March and if he finds another 5lb of improvement then he will go very close. I personally think he has that improvement in him at his age. Still a grand performance from the old boy today, can't wait for the race come March.

You HF haters are crazy, the reason he's the best 2m hurdler ever is the fact he has an electric turn of foot, stays 2m really we'll and hurdles beautifully. All the challengers have age on their side but it doesn't matter what the style of race HF will still run his race.. He made a mess of the last which cost him 1l.. Im on for the CH but I know it's not a given, but to find Mickey Mouse reasons to why he's inferior will cost u dearly ( in your pockets)

I'm not 'a hater' of any horse. I just think that HF won't win this year and that's it. For the record I backed him last year to win and when lost to ROR.
He is a Champion of course.

I totally respect you for that mate, love ppl who have an opinion and stick to it.. Unlike sitting on the fence .. But surely the only way HF is beat is that age catches up with him.. (Barring a bad luck story)Not the ground, or the pace of the race or the opposition needing the run or whatever..

Back