Champion Hurdle 2014

Cee Bee to make the running, Jezki to run in his slip stream with OC and HF tracking them in that order. Jezki to get pushed along coming round final bend. OC and HF to come there swinging approaching the last, HF to find a better turn of pace on the heavy going to beat OC by a length.

OC price to shorten in the aftermath and win the Champion in March.

You heard it here first!

Only thing stopping OC will be Mullins. Has he had a winner around Prestbury Park yet?

Today's race was run 1.7 seconds slower than the maiden hurdle and over a trip shorter than the normal 2m circuit. The significant thing is that even though the race came down to a sprint Hurricane Fly overcame a stutter at the last and pulled out a length and a half in the run to the line.

Surprised Captain Cee Bee didn't set more of a pace, and Jezki's run can be near ignored in the circumstances. One it should have favoured is Our Conor - a miler on the flat, and had the Supreme won a fair way from home - but he didn't have the speed of HF yesterday, and difficult to see him finding it any time in the near future.

Last edited:
Amazing place this. We have a among us a horse for the ages who has broken a world record and the overriding tone is 'he is not all that good really.'

Maybe he is not as good as Night Nurse or Persian War, maybe the snide comparisons to BoS are apt - but for fuqs sake can't we celebrate him for a day?

Some yoke will win a 3YO maiden for Michael Stoute at Windsor on a Monday night next year and he will be worshiped and glorified - while HF is dissed. Mad stuff.

Amazing place this. We have a among us a horse for the ages who has broken a world record and the overriding tone is 'he is not all that good really.'

Maybe he is not as good as Night Nurse or Persian War, maybe the snide comparisons to BoS are apt - but for fuqs sake can't we celebrate him for a day?

Some yoke will win a 3YO maiden for Michael Stoute at Windsor on a Monday night next year and he will be worshiped and glorified - while HF is dissed. Mad stuff.

Damn straight.

The fishwives will be silenced for good in six weeks.

Surprised Captain Cee Bee didn't set more of a pace, and Jezki's run can be near ignored in the circumstances. One it should have favoured is Our Conor - a miler on the flat, and had the Supreme won a fair way from home - but he didn't have the speed of HF yesterday, and difficult to see him finding it any time in the near future.

Gotta disagree with this Reet the pace suited the legend as he has been kicking off a slow pace in small fields for years. The test will come when its a fast pace, ground with good in the description and a good horse kicks early. This happened when Rock On Ruby won but the legend had a badly interrupted run to that years CH. No excuses this time as everything has gone to plan but I do believe the conditions I mentioned will catch him out at his current age. My pocket hopes I'm right my Heart hopes he proves me wrong.

Perhaps because, that record alone doesnt mark him out as a true great in many peoples eyes.

To be fair, to win as many champion hurdles as Hardy Eustace and on one of those occasions, beat the quite highly rated Peddlars Cross by a length are commendable acheivements

Last edited:
Perhaps because, that record alone doesnt mark him out as a true great in many peoples eyes.

To be fair, to win as many champion hurdles as Hardy Eustace and on one of those occasions, to beat the quite highly rated Peddlars Cross by a length are commendable acheivements

Typical fishwife myopia and revisionism.

Every year we hear the same old mantra - "This is the best field he's ever faced" and every year we have to put up with the same tired excuses when HF inevitably wins.

THE FEAR

No you have got it all wrong

Beating Peddlers Cross is a worthy achievement. Even if it wasn't easy.

And of course it was very unfortunately that HF was stuffed out of sight one year. Just one of those things with no excuses made of course. And rightly so.

Last edited:
Who sets the pace at Cheltenham if UDS does not run ?
No Overdose, no CCB , Thousand Stars not the horse he was it seems.

I can't see the pace being a problem with the likely runners but I do envisage Our Conor taking it up between the 3rd and 2nd last and trying a sustained run for victory. I still believe they have left something to work on with him.

A gift to grass and others to ease the HF frustrations over the next six weeks

And dont all share. That would be messy

Attachments

• $T2eC16VHJIYFHOGW8h4IBR4OFoIK+!~~60_57.JPG
    $T2eC16VHJIYFHOGW8h4IBR4OFoIK+!~~60_57.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 10
13-y-o Captain Cee Bee's handicap rating raised 3lbs for yesterday's run to 152 and Jezki dropped 4lbs to 162

Ruby Walsh will be the studio guest tomorrow on Racing UK 12.30pm -2.30pm if you reckon we will learn anything :whistle:

And of course it was very unfortunately that HF was stuffed out of sight one year. Just one of those things with no excuses made of course. And rightly so.

He was a sick horse and looked ill in the parade that year.
I've looked through the posts and myself and Frankel and others haven't slagged The Hurricane , we have hailed him as a Champion and not undermined his fantastic achievements.
We just think that he is opposable this year.

He was a sick horse and looked ill in the parade that year.
I've looked through the posts and myself and Frankel and others haven't slagged The Hurricane , we have hailed him as a Champion and not undermined his fantastic achievements.
We just think that he is opposable this year.

I'd be checking the pair of you for opposable thumbs to be honest. :D

Even great horses can only beat what's put in front of them. Doesn't mean they are not still great.

Commanche Court
Truckers Travern
Sir Rembrandt.

Back