Champion Hurdle 2014

Yeah I think wilson that certainly if anything it looks like she will thrive at the longer trip if anything and personally if she lines up in the world id have her as my banker of the week!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

People used to say that about Beef or Salmon winning the Gold Cup :lol:

Today told us nothing that we didn't already know, that HF is better than Jezki and OC. Quicker ground and the English pair (not to mentioned the other Mullins pair) will find him out.
He is a true great but to say he is the best hurdler ever is plain wrong.

I think that Annie Power will run in the Champion Hurdle. Let's not forget that owner Richie Rich said that she was kept hurdling this year to run in the Champion.
Human nature-the man will not go back on his word and be reminded of it.

You HF haters are crazy, the reason he's the best 2m hurdler ever is the fact he has an electric turn of foot, stays 2m really we'll and hurdles beautifully.

He's some way off the best ever according to Timeform ratings.

I have no doubt he's been winning better CHs than, say, Istabraq ever did but Istabraq's form lines put him on better ratings than HF and he tended to win much more easily.

And that's before we start talking about Night Nurse, Sea Pigeon, Comedy Of Errors, Persian War, See You Then, etc etc.

There will never be a 100% right or wrong answer to who's the best ever it's about opinions.. There will be plenty say he is plenty say he's not...

Wonderful to witness The Fly once again in the flesh, they just cant beat him no matter what they try. He got in a bit close to the last ,was headed and still won going away. I know Captain Cee Bee was close up third but they didnt go that quick on the ground and anyone knocking the race because of that hasnt a clue. My biggest dissapointment was that he wasnt eased a little in the betting, 7/2 ,4/1 anybody?
Anyway very enjoyable days racing and a pleasure to meet up with Grey,Edge and the very bad landlord.

Frontrunner, thank you for your very nice reference. It was indeed a powerful day's racing, and it was great to meet yourself, edgt and Grey.

Hurricane Fly dismissed the young pretender today and I see no reason for it to be any different at Cheltenham. I'll be surprised if Jezki places, but there's a good chance of Our Conor chasing the Fly home again.

Frontrunner, thank you for your very nice reference. It was indeed a powerful day's racing, and it was great to meet yourself, edgt and Grey.

Hurricane Fly dismissed the young pretender today and I see no reason for it to be any different at Cheltenham. I'll be surprised if Jezki places, but there's a good chance of Our Conor chasing the Fly home again.

Our Conor is a 5 year old chasing home a freak. As long as the champ doesn't bottom him this season, OC could win two champions

Those who think today weakens the Champ's prospects in March haven't been paying attention to his 19 G1 wins. He rarely slams horses by 10l, especially in a race run like that.

Those who think today strengthens his case are smoking crack. CCB beaten a few lengths is not G1 form.

I draw one conclusion from today: Jezki - woof woof.

Wrong tactics, wrong ground. Not saying he'll win it but we'll see a different animal in March.
you mentioned earlier in the thread how tno's hurdling will be a negative in a champion. do you not think this is a worry for jezki? he doesn't look slick to me.

To paraphrase Paul Hardcastle...
Since NH racing was graded (1991) the average number of Grade 1s won by a Champion Hurdle winner (who won >1NH Grade 1) is 5
Hurricane Fly has won 19 !
N-N-N-Nineteen !
Time of 3m 53 sec today suggests the distance may have been a little short of 2 miles
This may be reason why Captain Cee Bee was so close. Pace was spot on though.
Jezki just kept too far off his ground. He will be closer on better ground and will win plenty of Grade 1s, only he will never win 19 of them !
A pleasure to meet the fellow forumites as always.

To paraphrase Paul Hardcastle...
Since NH racing was graded (1991) the average number of Grade 1s won by a Champion Hurdle winner (who won >1NH Grade 1) is 5
Hurricane Fly has won 19 !
N-N-N-Nineteen !
Time of 3m 53 sec today suggests the distance may have been a little short of 2 miles
This may be reason why Captain Cee Bee was so close. Pace was spot on though.
Jezki just kept too far off his ground. He will be closer on better ground and will win plenty of Grade 1s, only he will never win 19 of them !
A pleasure to meet the fellow forumites as always.

Indeed, they don't just hand them out. All credit to the fly. awesome achievement.

Be76r8HCcAAtsn3.jpg

dream team :<3:

Today's race was run 1.7 seconds slower than the maiden hurdle and over a trip shorter than the normal 2m circuit. The significant thing is that even though the race came down to a sprint Hurricane Fly overcame a stutter at the last and pulled out a length and a half in the run to the line.

It was an exciting highlight to a very enjoyable day and it was good to meet up with some fellow forumites again.

Today's race was run 1.7 seconds slower than the maiden hurdle and over a trip shorter than the normal 2m circuit. The significant thing is that even though the race came down to a sprint Hurricane Fly overcame a stutter at the last and pulled out a length and a half in the run to the line.

It was an exciting highlight to a very enjoyable day and it was good to meet up with some fellow forumites again.

Watching it again Our Conor seemed to curl up in the last 100yards - CCB was closing on him .

I do wish Cooper was still riding him Mullins is a 7lb penalty in comparison.

Back