Champion Hurdle 2014

From RP

UN DE SCEAUX could face three Cheltenham Festival winners when he puts his unbeaten record on the line in the Red Mills Trial Hurdle at Gowran Park on Saturday.

A top-priced 14-1 for the Stan James Champion Hurdle, Un De Sceaux, a wide-margin winner of three-runner races on his two starts this season, is one of 11 entries for the 2m Grade 2.

He is one of five possibles for Willie Mullins and Ireland's champion trainer said: "The plan is to run Un De Sceaux once we are happy with him later in the week."

The six-year-old's potential rivals include Dunguib, who won the Weaterbys Champion Bumper in 2009, Alderwood, winner of the 2012 County Hurdle and the Grand Annual Chase a year ago and Flaxen Flare, last season's Fred Winter victor.

Hoovering up some nice prize money with this lad.

As regards the champion hurdle i think you'd have rocks in your head backing him for March.

It's looking increasingly more likely that My Tent or Yours will get his prep run at Kelso on Thursday. The official going is good/soft, soft in places. Good news for any one contemplating backing him as I don't think a race course gallop would have taken the freshness out of him like a proper race will.

Another one bites the dust I reckon, he will be too free to stay the two miles. Nicky had been very definite previously that he needed a run so this is surprising.

He's been isolated from the rest of the stable, he's missing engagements and I suspect something is not right. Just a gut feeling, can't substantiate it.

No alarming drift to suggest that tho. There'd usually be something like that even tho Grandouet drifted like a barge last year. Everyone said he wouldn't run but was going very well, better than the eventual winner at the time, when he came down.

He's been isolated from the rest of the stable, he's missing engagements and I suspect something is not right. Just a gut feeling, can't substantiate it.

Apparently that first bit is bollocks. Came from The Sun.

I just don't think Nicky wants to run him on deep ground so close to March.

Apparently that first bit is bollocks. Came from The Sun.

I just don't think Nicky wants to run him on deep ground so close to March.

There is no deep ground at Kelso euro. Good to soft - soft in places... so Unless is lashes down over the next two days it would be perfect for him. Something is not right.

Back