Champion Hurdle 2014

I think to dismiss Un De Sceaux could be dangerous.

Two reasons

When he won on December 22 his time figure came out at 160 compared with the other fastest race on the card won by Los Amigos....comment very easily

On 15 February he beat Midnight Game 16 lengths giving 3lb..comment very easily. Makes UDS again about 160 if MG is a 140 horse..has been higher.

Midnight Game had previously run 7 lengths behind HF at levels...yes it was HF's first run..but just how below his best did HF run?

Lets be really generous and say HF could run 20 lengths better than that when 100%..thats 27 lengths superior to MG...giving HF a rating of167. But HF was all out there so you can't really rate him higher on that run.

UDS has run 160+ without coming out of second gear.

I really fancy Our Conor as i've made clear...but this is the only horse i'd be seriously worried about..i'll be having a saver on him if he runs.

I think he is being seriously underrated on this thread by many people...Suny not being one of them obviously

Would take some performance to go and do it like that from the front,that might make him vulnerable to the big guns.If he goes I'll be having a few quid on course on the day just for the spectacle.

can't believe people got excited/swayed by the pennies on betfair.

as i've said. wouldn't be surprised if he did make the trip for some experience and to see how he handled it. seems quite a highly strung horse.

I had always rated Mullins quite high but the old man has lost his head
Lets see if he bypasses Puchestown with UDS after Hurricane is not placed next Tuesday
the most stupid decision I have seen since I follow racing

can't believe people got excited/swayed by the pennies on betfair.

as i've said. wouldn't be surprised if he did make the trip for some experience and to see how he handled it. seems quite a highly strung horse.

Who was getting excited. I purely pointing out what the market IMPLIED. Is happily have backed him at odds against to run and you declined so please don't sound clever in the aftermath. I also stated Ruby say there was 0% chance of him running. Keep ignoring Betfair and you'll go skint.

Who was getting excited. I purely pointing out what the market IMPLIED. Is happily have backed him at odds against to run and you declined so please don't sound clever in the aftermath. I also stated Ruby say there was 0% chance of him running. Keep ignoring Betfair and you'll go skint.
it was you who ignored the market liquidity (or lack of) and were wrong. to say that wasn't a factor and the price was "pure" regardless i wouldn't have ever agreed with. i think all the noises coming from the mullins camp about him not running were far more of a solid basis to use. i mean someone staking all of about 4 quid on at 20's makes your implied price for him to run solid? please.

i didn't do the bet as i'm not in the habit of striking unofficial bets with people on an internet forum.

I had always rated Mullins quite high but the old man has lost his head
Lets see if he bypasses Puchestown with UDS after Hurricane is not placed next Tuesday
the most stupid decision I have seen since I follow racing
really hope we see him in a big race at one of the spring festivals. suspect we might.

it was you who ignored the market liquidity (or lack of) and were wrong. to say that wasn't a factor and the price was "pure" regardless i wouldn't have ever agreed with. i think all the noises coming from the mullins camp about him not running were far more of a solid basis to use. i mean someone staking all of about 4 quid on at 20's makes your implied price for him to run solid? please.

i didn't do the bet as i'm not in the habit of striking unofficial bets with people on an internet forum.

It meant something had changed. In this case it was obviously news that UDS was on the boat to Cheltenham but something certainly changed.

I see Grassy's ready for next week

Fly_zps8f463609.jpg

Back