Champion Hurdle 2015

arctic Fire has gone up 8lb for his run in the Irish Champion Hurdle , now rated 162, just 7lb below Hurricane Fly.:blink:

I was told that Des had an ongoing back problem that was always exacerbated by going left handed; even though they would never have ran him in the Grand National anyway, they couldn't have because they said the Canal Turn would have done his back in. He suffered from corns as well, which got progressively worse towards the end of each season. After Nortons Coins Gold Cup I spoke to someone whose name escapes me and asked him what had happened. He was saying to me that they'd been 'over confident' and, just as he was going to expand on the comment he got called away. One of those times in life when you want to rewind the clock and start again; I'll never know what he was about to say.

I keep thinking that Arctic Fire is the new Theatreworld who I always used to back ew in Istabraqs' races.

I just wonder if he was trained by someone like Tony Martin e.g. how people would view him ?

I thought Hurricane Fly was a certainty to put daylight between himself and Jezki before he stumbled.

Arctic Fire belted the 2nd last which never helped his cause and was about 2 1/2 lengths behind before the camera angle changed but jumping the last he had reduced that distance

Granted he couldn't match Hurricane Fly who ran away from him but I'm not 100% certain he wouldn't have nicked 2nd from Jezki.

That aside he's showed he not a million miles behind Jezki and his best bit of form beforehand was at Cheltenham on faster ground.
Faugheen's style of running and Arctic Fire's style are poles apart but that could be an added plus for Arctic Fire who put's his best work in late on.
Of course these Irish races can be misleading but when a horse does what AF did not once but twice people should sit up and pay attention

If he is not a 162 horse I suggest Jezki and Hurricane Fly for that matter are in big trouble

Faugheen absolutely routed a 161 horse last time without batting an eyelid.

Purple Bay would be pulled-up before half-way if he ran in a handicap off 161.

His OR is bogus - so bogus, in fact, that the handicapper has seen fit to drop him 2lbs to 159 over the course of the last few weeks, without bringing it to anyone's attention.

And he still hasn't dropped him enough.

Last edited:
I just wonder if he was trained by someone like Tony Martin e.g. how people would view him ?

I thought Hurricane Fly was a certainty to put daylight between himself and Jezki before he stumbled.

Arctic Fire belted the 2nd last which never helped his cause and was about 2 1/2 lengths behind before the camera angle changed but jumping the last he had reduced that distance

Granted he couldn't match Hurricane Fly who ran away from him but I'm not 100% certain he wouldn't have nicked 2nd from Jezki.

That aside he's showed he not a million miles behind Jezki and his best bit of form beforehand was at Cheltenham on faster ground.
Faugheen's style of running and Arctic Fire's style are poles apart but that could be an added plus for Arctic Fire who put's his best work in late on.
Of course these Irish races can be misleading but when a horse does what AF did not once but twice people should sit up and pay attention

If he is not a 162 horse I suggest Jezki and Hurricane Fly for that matter are in big trouble

Faugheen absolutely routed a 161 horse last time without batting an eyelid.

So where does a fighting fit Irving figure in your assessment?

Do you think for one minute I never thought about that?

Thought it was too stupid to mention that cross referencing the Fighting Fifth form he would kick Jezki's and the Fly's ass

I'd say it's much more likely Arctic Fire ran way below what he is capable off and has improved since then or maybe you disagree?,

One day PN will have a Champion Hurdle horse that he actually trains but it is not Irvine and novice wise he looks a little bit thin on the ground in that department once again

Last edited:
Do you think for one minute I never thought about that?

Thought it was too stupid to mention that cross referencing the Fighting Fifth form he would kick Jezki's and the Fly's ass

I'd say it's much more likely Arctic Fire ran way below what he is capable off and has improved since then or maybe you disagree?,

Faugheen might well kick Hurricane Fly and Jezki's arses........but it will have SFA to do with how far he beat Purple Bay in the Fighting Fifth.

Might Well? Is that a clerical error? The word is WILL:)

Next season promises to be much more interesting and I predict Mr Henderson will have something to say about I

And I would certainly

give_peace_a_chance_by_adunc-d5fzafm.jpg

We could be entering another Golden Era in hurdling

Might Well? Is that a clerical error? The word is WILL:)

Next season promises to be much more interesting and I predict Mr Henderson will have something to say about I

And I would certainly

View attachment 806

We could be entering another Golden Era in hurdling

I thought Grandouet was the new golden era of hurdling:p

We seriously could be though if Faugheen does the business. This Peace and Co has got them jumping with excitement the things a beast of a horse.

Everytime I win a pound or six I back them both AP

He's probably thinking run him and get a few bob in before his beloved Hurricane Fly beats him at Cheltenham.

I was watching a video the other day and the minute The Fly's name is mentioned his eyes light up

I reckon he's deadly serious when he says he thinks he's his number one hope.

Can't blame him thinking like that after the amount of times he's produced the goods and he is after all a dual winner.

AP certainly looked mega disappointed in Jezki admitting he was going to beat him the same distance again before Jezki stumbled.

He was asked if Jezki had improved but he said if he had then Hurricane Fly must have improved more.

When it came to Cheltenham he never said he thought Jezki would improve only that Hurricane Fly form wasn't as good there.

I got the impression because of the 3 defeats and because he has been very fit he is not confident that Jezki can show enough improvement to win another Champion Hurdle

The only time he really showed emotions was when he was talking about UDS who he said was a QMCC horse already

If by any chance faugheen is not the horse some of us think he is it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Hurricane Fly made it number 3

If by any chance you think that's impossible I hope for your sake your doch isn't on Jezki because I think wherever he finishes Hurricane Fly won't be far away and could easily beat him yet again

Back