Champion Hurdle 2015

Thanks, EC.

The Morgiana rating must be too generous, probably because they didn't make enough allowance for Jezki starting off the season well below his spring peak.

Faugheen may not lead from the start but after 3 hurdles you can bet your life he will if the pace is not electric

WMP will have plan A and Plan B

Plan A Top of the hill go for home and run the legs off everything Faugheen wins

Plan B Let Jezki chase Faugheen first and keep The Fly as relaxed as possible but within shooting range.
Jezki gets into a battle with Faugheen gets on top but is exhausted doing so and the Fly come late and wins.

Either way there's no possible way Jezki can win.

If you want to know where the New One is during all this : I don't have a clue but would be nice if he ran the same race as he did last year:)

Ha I've a relative out there on stud duties maybe i should get in contact :)

Last edited:
Skybet and Betfair Exchange now have W/O Faugheen markets.

Hurricane Fly looks big at 6.0 with the latter.

:ninja:

:whistle:

:blink:

:<3:

:ninja:

i love the horse but hard to muster a whole lot of enthusiasm with this dry forecast. a deluge close to the day is all that could make me consider him.

it'll be the first CH he's ran in where i've not backed him and it'll be bittersweet if he does manage to do it.

Only two things can happen here....Faugheen wins or he flops if he flops who has the best form? Gotta be Hurricane Fly. People may be writing him off a bit too quickly..in case some haven't noticed he looks in better form than he was last year........I am in Faugheen's camp but he is untried at this level which if it doesn't concern you it damn well should.

Only two things can happen here....Faugheen wins or he flops if he flops who has the best form? Gotta be Hurricane Fly. People may be writing him off a bit too quickly..in case some haven't noticed he looks in better form than he was last year........

I'm one of the people that said after last years race..HF has not gone..most people looked at the CH and said..thats it he is gone.

You ask who has the best form if Faugheen flops..but you didn't mention what conditions..is HF going to be the best horse on Good ground is the real question?

Faugheen won't flop though;)

Last edited:
Faugheen could improve.....and still not win. :ninja:

I think my missus is right. After struggling to define it for nearly 20 years, she finally labelled my condition 'CheltMental' after seeing the PP advert - and it's hard to argue with her that's she's wrong.

Having spent the last 357 days refusing to even countenance the notion of hope, over the last 72hrs I've found myself running different race-scenarios through my noggin, in an attempt to alight on one where Hurricane Fly regains the crown once more.......liked some fu*cked-up 'Beautiful Mind' cu*nt, randomly sticking Post-Its to his garage wall.

It's not fair what this horse does to me, and frankly, I'll be glad when he fu*cking retires!

There's no such thing as fairy-tales........but I'll take one if I can get one. :)

Last edited:
if you look at how quick the ground was last year compared to any other year HF has taken part..it COULD explain his defeat last year

most people assume it was a typical going last year...Good sort of easy side Good...but it was very Good ground getting towards good g/f on that first day

These are the times from the first hurdle for the last few CH's

2014 Jezki = 218.3
2013 HF = 228.7
2012 ROR = 221.0
2011 HF = 223.0
2010 Binocular = 220.2
2009 Punjabi = 232.2

that quicker ground did for him imo..or is part of why he didn't show best anyway

a middle GOOD ground time is 220.9

Last edited:
if you look at how quick the ground was last year compared to any other year HF has taken part..it COULD explain his defeat last year

most people assume it was a typical going last year...Good sort of easy side Good...but it was very Good ground getting towards good g/f on that first day

These are the times from the first hurdle for the last few CH's

2014 Jezki = 218.3
2013 HF = 228.7
2012 ROR = 221.0
2011 HF = 223.0
2010 Binocular = 220.2
2009 Punjabi = 232.2

that quicker ground did for him imo..or is part of why he didn't show best anyway

a middle GOOD ground time is 220.9

This isnae helping!!

:lol:

I can't miss him anyway, EC1.......I backed him last June, and again in September. :lol:

If we're talking mug-bets..... :whistle:

Ground is going to go against him anyway, if the Going thread is accurate......though Claisse might do me a favour and turn the taps on over the weekend.

Last edited:
after the supreme has been run ..i'll post the pace figures for that race and the time from the first hurdle..we will know within a few lbs at that point what the real going is..he was way out last year really..he called it G to S Good in places then..it was a lot quicker than that. If that was the real ground..they wouldn't have watered tuesday night for wednesday

Good man, EC1....though what Tiggers says is true - getting a signal on track is very hit-and-miss.

Last edited:
Back