Champion Hurdle 2015

Does this assume the CH will be slightly faster? I was thinking of backing HF if the supreme was over 3.50 but might rethink based on your numbers. Or i might just ignore the numbers, back him and hope i can scream him home :lol:

If both races are evenly run then a Supreme should be about 1.6 seconds slower than a CH..if both races contain average winners.

I'm a bit loath to tie myself to those times as the starting bit can throw the official times ..i've only really put them up to try and aid the guys who can't access the board on the day. I doubt they would be too far out though.

I wouldn't try to put anyone off backing HF..no matter what the ground..but if the times are slower for the supreme than 3.53 it might give a bit more confidence

If you can access the board on the day..i'll post a similar chart using the 1st hurdle times which i know will be more accurate..then after the supreme will post an assessment of the pace and time of the race form first hurdle.

Last edited:
Are you comfortable the timings you suggest for measuring from the tapes are reliable for underfoot conditions Alan, given last year was the first time they were measured that way, rather from when the tapes went up?

Are you comfortable the timings you suggest for measuring from the tapes are reliable for underfoot conditions Alan, given last year was the first time they were measured that way, rather from when the tapes went up?

I don't use official timings for the ground Maruco..i've only put those up for the people who can't access the forum..they are 1 hurdle+ times ...+ 7 seconds..that should equate to the new timing method

i only use first hurdle times for Cheltenham and will post a chart on the day and and after the first race will post the 1st hurdle+ time to suit that chart

May I take this opporchancity to apologise to anyone who followed me in with an ante-post bet on Sign Of A Victory for the big race.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

(He's technically still in it but he's almost 1000 at Betfair now and Geraghty has said he's looking at Vaniteux as a possible mount. I think he's also still in the County but things seem muted on that front too.)

May I take this opporchancity to apologise to anyone who followed me in with an ante-post bet on Sign Of A Victory for the big race.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

(He's technically still in it but he's almost 1000 at Betfair now and Geraghty has said he's looking at Vaniteux as a possible mount. I think he's also still in the County but things seem muted on that front too.)

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...gn-of-a-victory-skips-the-cheltenham-festival

It probably wont affect Faugheen as he wouldn't know if there were 2 horses behind him or 102 if he goes off in front.

Those behind will be happy as they don't have to worry about getting a smooth a passage through

Can't see anyone else wanting to make it although the New One is going to be ridden prominently.

Hurricane Fly will be right at home in a field this size as will Jezki

Heard Ruby saying Artic Fire has come on a bundle since the last time which just complicates things a bit further

May not be a big field but will be fun to watch how it unfolds.

Still 1 Faugheen 2 The New One 3 Artic Fire for me

and I'm still going to place lay Jezki:blink:

always the point where i look at the pace angle and who's going to make it. and i can't see anything beyond faugheen going forward. ruby dangerous from the front but i'd have imagine he'd prefer a tow in.

Of course he is JP's I forgot that..........we know why he's there.......Badger the hell out of Faugheen who isn't a great jumper and hope he clouts a few.....Naughty!!

always the point where i look at the pace angle and who's going to make it. and i can't see anything beyond faugheen going forward. ruby dangerous from the front but i'd have imagine he'd prefer a tow in.

He might get a tow if he shocks us and picks Hurricane Fly on Sunday.Then the fun would begin

An ante post ew 1-3 will be settled on that basis however many run even if it's only 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back