Cheltenham 2016/2017

Really can't see Yorkhill staying in JLT. He's on the drift now in that market and WPM really has nothing else for CH now, especially after VVM last performance showing that 2 mile is in all likelihood just too sharp for her. WPM possibly thinking he still could have an outside chance at JLT with Bellshill? (not saying I think this!)

JLT still the easiest option but risk/reward may make them give the CH a shot. Pot obviously a lot bigger and a winnable race. Think they'll at least give him some hurdle schooling (if they haven't already) and what Ruby wants will have a big say as usual.

At those prices I wouldn't back Yorkhill with snide in the Champion Hurdle. Look at the horses he beat in his novice campaign; Road To Respect, O O Seven, Yanworth, Le Prezien before he was kicked into touch at Punchestown.

I was a big fan going into his novice season but aside from the Neptune victory where it was arguably the ride on Yanworth that won him the race (It'safreebie was back in third FFS) he did nothing to warrant being as short as he is right now.

There may have been legitimate excuses for his Punchestown capitulation but the fact is both Brain Power and Petit Mouchier finished in front of him and on exploits this year should both be heading him in the market.

Mullins factor gone mad this.

And his jumping technique has been far from impressive, which is why I don't agree the JLT is actually an easier race for him. In a chase, the name of the game is jumping, and I just do not trust Yorkhill jumping. Before any of these defections, I was more than happy to take him on in the JLT Market.

I could be wrong on this, but I seem to remember Wylie saying previously that he sees Yorkhill as a future Gold Cup horse?? I'm open to correction on this. If Wylie does see it that way, then reverting back to hurdles has to be unlikely.

If they see the future for the horse as being over fences (Gold Cup), then it has to be a straight shoot out between the Arkle and JLT. Take Altior on or dodge him?
JLT likely to remain the horses target i'd be thinking.

I've done a U-Turn on my thinking.

They may have thought Yorkhill could progress into a Gold Cup horse, but that was before he ran over fences.
Looking back at his last run, he really doesn't seem to enjoy jumping fences.

I now think he's nailed on to go to the Champion Hurdle.

f44ee86ca8728b6a9dbe18f8030d7da4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair play from Paddy, but they've still made a ******* fortune from all the multiples.

Plus most people will waste their free bet on a load of tosh.

One of my biggest bets in the last 10 years came in the form of a double Kauto Star King George Denman Lexus December 2007 and I never even broke sweat as they both hacked up.

The same opportunity lies in wait with Altior and Douvan where 11/10 the double awaits for those willing to have a right few quid on.

The added bonus is You may only need Altior to win as Douvan could go off as the shortest priced fav ever if Fox Norton who he beat 32 lengths last time they met doesn't impress on Saturday and Un Des Sceaux goes elsewhere

My advice is if you have 20 quid 200 quid or 2000 quid set aside for Cheltenham put half on the double and all being well every other bet you have will be for free

One of my biggest bets in the last 10 years came in the form of a double Kauto Star King George Denman Lexus December 2007 and I never even broke sweat as they both hacked up.

The same opportunity lies in wait with Altior and Douvan where 11/10 the double awaits for those willing to have a right few quid on.

The added bonus is You may only need Altior to win as Douvan could go off as the shortest priced fav ever if Fox Norton who he beat 32 lengths last time they met doesn't impress on Saturday and Un Des Sceaux goes elsewhere

My advice is if you have 20 quid 200 quid or 2000 quid set aside for Cheltenham put half on the double and all being well every other bet you have will be for free

Where you getting the odds to make 11/10. I like the bet immensely but where is it available?

Yes but Altior now no better than 1/2, presumably cut because he stepped out of his box and all four legs were still there.

Last edited:
Hills were 4/7 Altior and 4/11 Douvan this morning. That's a 1.14/1 double

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were is the word..Maybe some of someone's bet landed on their doorstep:) but there's still some 2.04 which is miles better than you will get on the day if they get there....in fact if Altior beats Fox Norton hands down on Saturday I can see both him and Douvan being cut to 1/3 and 1/4

Back