Cheltenham 2016/2017

OK will put them up one at a time

Race%201_zps20ony1wz.jpg

Defi Di Sueil and Charli Parcs both entered for the Triumph trial. Goes without saying both won't run but it will be interesting to see which one does. My money would be on Charli as DDS already has course experience .

More Of That entered in the cross country!

introduced at 10/1 by a couple of firms

Also entered on Saturday I see is Cause of Causes (20/1). I'd be highly tempted by this ones participation come the big one in March but it's interesting these two JP owned horses are entered for this when they already have the festival favorite in Cantlow.

Cantlow is not one to rely on, imo - I expect that's why they're keen for cover in the race.

MoT running here to rekindle interest maybe?

Totally agree re Cantlow and I think he's a weak favourite which is why I've been chipping away at Bless The Wings which is also why I'll be unhappy to see either MOT OR COC heading for the March race.

Last edited:
Clarence House Chase will open for entries tomorrow, and will be run at 1.45PM with prize money of £70,000.

Last edited:
Ar Mad ruled out of Clarence House Chase. Dodging Bullets, Eastlake, Royal Regatta, Special Tiara, Top Gamble, Un De Sceaux and Uxizandre in.

Ar Mad ruled out of Clarence House Chase. Dodging Bullets, Eastlake, Royal Regatta, Special Tiara, Top Gamble, Un De Sceaux and Uxizandre in.

How depressingly predictable. Shite decision if they intended on running him there in March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocky Creek, STD on board, here this morning having a run round the cross country course prior to Saturday's cross country with Pacha Du Polder, Harry Derham on board, as companion.

From RP

CHELTENHAM clerk of the course Simon Claisse does not believe any sort of inspection will need to be passed before racing on Saturday after covers were on Wednesday laid down in order to ensure the bumper Festival Trials card beats the weather.
Thistlecrack, Un De Sceaux and Unowhatimeanharry are among the stars due to appear at a track where temperatures are set to drop to -4C on Wednesday night into Thursday morning.

"We are covering the whole track and the vulnerable areas on the cross-country," said Claisse.
"All the signs are that milder weather is due with us by Friday. However, there still remains some risk that the colder air could sit around for a little longer.

"We don't want any risk around this meeting, and I don't even envisage having to announce a precautionary inspection, but without the protection we've put down the meeting could have been at serious risk.
"We wouldn't run the risk of removing the covers on Friday night only to wish we hadn't the following morning, so they will come up on Saturday morning."
The chase and hurdles tracks were described as good to soft on Wednesday but forecast rain could well ease conditions.
Claisse added: "We're looking at 3mm to 5mm overnight Friday into Saturday, but that would be on ground that has been frozen quite a lot over the last ten days, so it wouldn't take much rain to make the ground soft. The covers are completely breathable and porous so that rain would go straight through them."

Back