Cheltenham 2016/2017

Yes they have Dave. It'll be interesting to see how they've prepared for the Festival crowd. I'll only make it there before racing on Wednesday this week unfortunately. Will you boys still make it there given you're in hospo?

Depends what state we get into on the Tuesday! :lol:

Expectation is that we will be in the Plough for at least one before racing each-day. Wednesday might be an earlier bolt than usual, though.

Ah sorry Rog, I didn't realise. I had it in my head that you went in on the Saturday when you weren't around.

All the very best with the op on Monday.

Depends what state we get into on the Tuesday! :lol:

Expectation is that we will be in the Plough for at least one before racing each-day. Wednesday might be an earlier bolt than usual, though.
I'll catch up with you boys then. I should be there by 11 latest. Is the 'Frenchman' with you on Wednesday?

No, I think he might be in the Insurance Bar....not sure.

We'll break-out of hospitality for a bit, to meet-up with everyone at the Mandarin. Is that plan fixed yet, in terms of a time?

Last edited:
I don't know why but I had it in my head you guys were doing a box for one day this year. Mind you its four days out and my heads fried. I presume the big fella is with you and Dave this year. Or is he not forgiven for screwing up your Leopardstown plans?!

I meant to put this up the other day.

Anyone using the RP site for an idea of the ORs needs to be careful. Not all the ratings are up-to-date, certainly in the non-handicaps.

I meant to put this up the other day.

Anyone using the RP site for an idea of the ORs needs to be careful. Not all the ratings are up-to-date, certainly in the non-handicaps.

Looks like they're up to date now, at least for the first two or three days.

It also looks like the handicapper is holding back on ratings for some of the Mullins horses. I still don't see an OR for Melon and several others.

E-mail this morning from my internet provider. They've scheduled 'essential maintenance' on the line for Tuesday morning which may cause a loss of signal.

This is the equivalent of telling a child on Christmas Eve that Santa's sleigh has had to go in the garage for it's M.O.T.

To say I'm a tad miffed may be slightly understating it.

:mad:

Back