Cheltenham 2016/2017

We've had 16mm overnight and the track is Good, Good to Soft in places. However the cross country on Friday will be postponed until January

Re-arranged schedule for Chelt on Friday - Veterans' Handicap Chase will open the fixture with the Neptune race down to 4th on the card.

More Of That into 9/2 fave now, and hopefully gets a run.

I can't really have Frodon. I know Nicholls thinks highly of him, but this is a very stern test for a horse with so little experience,. Whilst Strong Flow won a Hennessy for Nicholls when similarly inexperienced (had four chases under his belt before Newbury), Frodon will face more horses in this race - the majority of them experienced handicappers - than he has faced in all three novice starts combined.

It looks a very tall order any way I look at it, and I will probably be looking to place-lay him on the day, if I can take him on at 2/1 or under.

Bouvreuil is the PN horse the yard fancy, they're desperately hoping STD, who's been riding him out this week, gets the all clear to resume riding for the weekend.

small but select field for the Steel Plate & Sections novice chase:

Barters Hill
Flying Angel
Its'afreebee
O O Seven
Rock the Kasbah
Sizing Tennessee
Theinval

De Faoithesdream in the 1:30 my strongest fancy tomorrow. Won first time out twice before, and looks well worth a rating of 134.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. :)

That run when he was fourth to Bold Henry this time two years ago at Cheltenham, (in this race I believe?), is an interesting piece of form too, Perp. He was beaten back in fourth place giving Bold Henry five pounds, tomorrow the weight differential is reversed with Bold Henry giving him six pounds, which is a 11lb pull at those weights by my maths. Its a lot. Hope your right about him being hard to catch!

Last edited:
I was at Cheltenham on the corresponding day in 2011 and I backed Ericht in the Grade 2 novices' hurdle. He finished third behind Steps To Freedom, not off a yard, and I distinctly recall thinking to myself that they were clearly laying him out for a last-minute substitution veterans' chase on the same card in five years' time, even though such races hadn't even been invented then.

Runs in the first today. I love it when a plan comes together...

I was at Cheltenham on the corresponding day in 2011 and I backed Ericht in the Grade 2 novices' hurdle. He finished third behind Steps To Freedom, not off a yard, and I distinctly recall thinking to myself that they were clearly laying him out for a last-minute substitution veterans' chase on the same card in five years' time, even though such races hadn't even been invented then.

Runs in the first today. I love it when a plan comes together...

i posted this before Ericht won in february Gus

4.45. Kempton: Ericht

The key is class of race + time of year

8k or more = 6300595P630P8994U5
less than 8k = 211321711212

Jan/Feb = 11 20711185
Mar - Dec = 2630592P6309924U

combine both jan/feb + less than £8k = 1127111

Last edited:
Back