Cheltenham 2016/2017

The market for the 2:05 is shaped around Barters Hill but the only horses to beat Its'afreebee over hurdles were Yorkhill and Yanworth in the Neptune, with O O Seven in the region of 15L further behind.

Dan Skelton has made a decent start to the season and unlike Barters Hill this one has the benefit of a chase run under his belt when he beat the admirable Rolling Maul easily at Fakenham. That one had previously cruised to a 15L success over Aqalim on his first outing over fences so that Fakenham form could prove to be pretty strong.

Barters Hill raced lazily at times last season too so I'd want to see how he takes to fences this season before parting with any cash.

Rock The Kasbah has obvious claims as he was rated 152 over hurdles and won a competitive race on his chase debut but the horse who finished behind him there was turned over at 1/2 in a match next time out and he has the 8lb penalty today. Flying Angel had bits of form that would give him a chance but looked well beaten when falling in that Chepstow race won by Rock The Kasbah.

The others two don't look up to this level so Its'afreebee is a strong bet at 5/1 despite having to concede 5lb to the jolly.

Wouldn't back Ericht given time of year. Realt Mor looks a strong bet now the Fry horse is n/r.

I was also looking to oppose Barters Hill - never been that taken with him. Can't decide between Ita'afreebee and RtK though.

The worry with Realt Mor for me is that it's only a week since his last run so I've gone for Astracad
It'safreebee for me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They shouldn't have gone for the Albert Bartlett with a class horse, he should've been in the Neptune. Trip ideal today, if he's as good over fences then no contest.

The only time Barters Hill has run on a stiff track he was beaten into 4th..yep a top field..but he had 12lb in hand of the horse that finished 2nd there and 7lb in hand of the one who finished 3rd..so fair to say..he ran below form. Is he a flat track horse?

would be my only ?

the Doncaster win was disappointing as well, can't see why they wanted to go over 3 miles after that but they did and yea maybe the track beat him that day but there were also better stayers in that field than what he met at Donny. Needs to go down in trip which he is today, if he takes to fences then I can't see how he won't win this.

have backed Rock The Kasbah win + place Aughex...

will be a tough opponent against the fav imo..... i just can't have the barters..he may well be a superstar..but i'm not persuaded yet..maybe the hill will find him out again..i suppose its a good test of that today with eyes on the festival..i wonder if he loses today they mayconclude its the hill he isn't having..the stable ..Palling...are in good form so he is probably fit enough to show what chops he has today

Last edited:
Hope he's OK.

Itsafreebe jumped nicely but possibly went too quick. Convinced he's a good sort though.

Lovely performance from 00 Seven.

some of those side on shots in Peregrine Runs win are why i prefer watching jumps racing..superb images of horses tackling obstacles and passing each other..superb

they said on WH radio he went in horse ambulance ok..so hopefully not a fatal injury..if its a race stopping injury..then so be it..hopefully he has survived..main thing int it?

as long as he is ok..thats the main thing

i always think of horses and those that own them..as me owning my cat..it would break my heart if anything happened to my cat..they are pets i would imagine to most owners

i do hope so..would love to see him develop..but if that ain't possible..we have had worse news

you can't believe it really this early in the season...this is one hell of a visual sport..but also one of the cruellest sometimes..for horse and jockey..as is the flat re the danger..these horses and riders are heroes to us..because they do what we can't do..we admire that..and rightly so

Shame, he jumped the first 3 on the wrong stride, then just he was starting to meet them well, he got injured..

not a shame to me..if he is ok then its a relief..the form of the race..how well he was going..is irrelevant in real terms..the form is now just a line in a form book

Back