Cheltenham 2016/2017

Press conference at Kempton..........Jonjo............ More Of That has had a wind op.

Did we know that ?

Open%202016_zpsdjucslum.jpg

Jonjo quoted as saying More Of That the best horse he has ever trained?

He'd be some way behind Exotic Dancer, at this stage of his career, imo. Amazing how quickly they forget/talk sh*ite that their owners want to hear.

and the ground is currently good? Im thinking less chance now of MoT running....so that AP bet will be down the pan.

The sponsors paying 6/1 places for Saturday's big race which is mightily generous IMO.

Unfortunately they're shortest priced about my fancy, As De Mee.

I can't for the life of me understand why bookies such as Betfair have this horse twice the price as Double Shuffle. They're both 6 year olds so open to similar levels of improvement, the Nicholls horse came back this season looking as good as ever and has lines a line of form over this trip at last year's meeting which give him the beating of Double Shuffle and More of That (admittedly could have won further) off these weights.

George is clearly in blinding form but Nicholls isn't doing too shabbily either.

and the ground is currently good? Im thinking less chance now of MoT running....so that AP bet will be down the pan.

Just spoken to acquaintance on ground staff who thinks ground will be ok for MOT as long as forecast is correct

Jonjo very bullish about More of That - if best horse he has trained - if he has got him back to the horse that dismissed Annie Power so strikingly then he would be a certainty on Saturday .

Jonjo very bullish about More of That - if best horse he has trained - if he has got him back to the horse that dismissed Annie Power so strikingly then he would be a certainty on Saturday .

Maybe I am getting confused with another horse but is More Of That not a bleeder?

more of that..the most hyped horse in training.,.that punters still believe in..you will pay the price imo..trained by one of the worse £ for return trainers known to man...and yet folk still cling to his coat tails..fookin hopeless trainer imo

Last edited:
I may have put it slightly differently (can a world hurdle winner ever be classed as the most hyped ?) but I can't argue with a lot of that EC and I'm happy he's taking out a fair chunk of the book.

Last edited:
With the exception of the conditionals race, at the 5 day stage Sunday's card is not far off as good as it gets outside of March.

Altior vs Identity Thief, yes please :p

Last edited:
With the exception of the conditionals race, at the 5 day stage Sunday's card is not far off as good as it gets outside of March.

Altior vs Identity Thief, yes please :p
Or Luccombe Down with a low weight in the 3:00 on Saturday (before the big chase!). After the last run I'm keen. I expect a big run if he's declared.

Last edited:
more of that..the most hyped horse in training.,.that punters still believe in..you will pay the price imo..trained by one of the worse £ for return trainers known to man...and yet folk still cling to his coat tails..fookin hopeless trainer imo

I don't think that's very fair, EC1.

Any horse that beats Annie Power fair-and-square, clearly has a degree of talent, and on his hurdles rating, he is a potentially well-handicapped animal over fences. He did little wrong his novice season, and it's perfectly reasonable to take an optimistic view about him for the coming season, as far as I'm concerned.

Much like I did with Sceau Royal the other day, perhaps your low opinion of the trainer, is clouding your judgement about the merits of the horse in his care?

I do tend to agree about Jonjo, though. He is another one that would quickly die of hunger, if it wasn't for the patronage he receives.

Back