Cheltenham 2018/2019

I’d imagine Elliott will not risk it either. Pity the rain didn’t arrive a bit earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Elliott's Cheltenham runners to have a gallop on Tuesday and he says will know what he is doing re Samcro afterwards.

I got a text this afternoon insisting Frodon was going for the Ryanair rather than the Gold Cup but don't see anything anywhere in the news.

Anyone heard anything?

Not that it really matters as I have it nrnb/bog for both races but I really thought it could win the Gold Cup (on the assumption MB might be Wayward Lad reincarnate).

ROR parade next Tuesday pre racing

RoR Parade line-up, sponsored by the Peter O’Sullevan Trust, The Festival 2019

1. Annacotty (Showing and Show Jumping) – ridden by Hannah Bishop
11-year-old by Beneficial, formerly trained by Martin Keighley and Alan King

1. Balthazar King (Hunting) – ridden by Stephen Way
15-year-old by King’s Theatre, formerly trained by Philip Hobbs

1. Carruthers – (Show Jumping and Team Chasing) ridden by Lily Bradstock
16-year-old by Kayf Tara, formerly trained by Mark Bradstock

1. Cue Card (Showing) – ridden by Hamir Singh
13-year-old by King’s Theatre, formerly trained by Colin Tizzard

1. Lord Windermere (Showing) – Ridden by Elle Greenhalgy
13-year-old by Oscar, formerly trained by Jim Culloty

1. Master Minded (Dressage) – ridden by Sophie Haylock
16-year-old by Nikos, formerly trained by Paul Nicholls

1. Monkerty Tunkerty (Showing and Show Jumping) ridden by Jess Westwood
16-year-old by Silver Patriarch, formally trained by Jess Westwood

1. My Way De Solzen (Hunting) – ridden by Cate Mahon
19-year-old by Assessor, formerly trained by Alan King

1. Saphir Du Rheu (Team Chasing) – ridden by Charlotte Alexander
10-year-old by Al Namix, formerly trained by Paul Nicholls

1. Wayward Prince (Dressage and Hunting) – ridden by Megan Harper
15-year-old by Alflora, formerly trained by Ian Williams and Hilary Parrott

1. What Of It (Showing) – ridden by Hannah Horton
16-year-old by Tel Quel, formerly trained by Tom George and Sarah Ward

1. Zarkandar (Hunting) – ridden by Olivia Sims
12-year-old by Azamour, formerly trained by Paul Nicholls

Samcro deemed only 50/50 to make it according to GE.

Can’t see it happening now. Too many negative comments from Elliott about his chance. More than likely run at Aintree and/or Punchestown. Only had a small ante post on him for the Stayers and was never 100% confident placing it but there we go.

I got a text this afternoon insisting Frodon was going for the Ryanair rather than the Gold Cup but don't see anything anywhere in the news.

Anyone heard anything?

Not that it really matters as I have it nrnb/bog for both races but I really thought it could win the Gold Cup (on the assumption MB might be Wayward Lad reincarnate).

Harry Durham said on TFF podcast that if he was a betting man he’d back Ryanair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or could he be thinking Frodon has more chance of wining the Ryanair than CDO has of winning the Gold Cup and he'd prfer to win one than none?

Could it be word has got to him about Might Bite being back to his best?

Think G-G'S post is closer to the mark DO, and Might Bite still has to prove he stays the trip (on indeterminate ground, at the mo.).

Frodon's winning **** all., he hasn't got the class at graded level. He was all out to beat a boat last time out

Last edited:
Fair point. I can't have him against this level of opposition - you can get Road to Respect at a longer price NRNB. Mental.

Think G-G'S post is closer to the mark DO, and Might Bite still has to prove he stays the trip (on indeterminate ground, at the mo.).

Yes, probably. I'm clutching at straws as I convinced myself long before the Gold Cup was ever mooted that Frodon could win it if asked to.

I don't think Nicholls has ever said CDO is better than Frodon. He's always said there's not much between them but he's never said which was the better.

I genuinely believe Frodon would skelp CDO over the Gold Cup c & d but he's probably nailed on for the Ryanair.

Frodon's winning **** all., he hasn't got the class at graded level. He was all out to beat a boat last time out

Well beaten in the race last year too. Granted he’s improved this year but if the ground is soft on Thursday, you know Un Des Sceaux will go off in front and maybe might make it hard for Frodon.

Back