Cheltenham 2018/2019

Or could he be thinking Frodon has more chance of wining the Ryanair than CDO has of winning the Gold Cup and he'd prfer to win one than none?

Could it be word has got to him about Might Bite being back to his best?

Possibly - if you watch the RAW video, I thought he was positively enthusing over CDO, and sort of 'well yeah he's done great, we'll see ' over Frodon.
I think Frodon has a fabulous chance of winning the RA as more his usual MO, but I still think he could have won the GC.
And if Might Bite is back to his best, I really hope so, nothing against CDO, but would love to see MB win it, so maybe Nicholls has 'taken the path of least resistance' as someone once said in a classic film :)

Possibly - if you watch the RAW video, I thought he was positively enthusing over CDO, and sort of 'well yeah he's done great, we'll see ' over Frodon.

Yes, I did notice that and it dampened my enthusiasm just a little at the time but the optimist in me then thought 'Doesn't Nicholls tend to underplay his best chances?'

I need to go off the bevvy for Lent...

Just looking at the RP site for the advance card for Tuesday and seeing the other meetings that are on that day...

Would you believe I once shunned Cheltenham in the belief I could get better bets at places like Sedgefield?? :blink:

I can hardly believe it myself.

You'd think Gun Digger will be the only Gigginstown horse in that race now as he said himself he'd be on whatever Lisa didn't pick up.

Is it today for final decs for Tuesday, or is it tomorrow? Can’t recall if Sunday’s count or not.

Fridays entries are now down from 453 too 265,so the Cheltenham entries overall this weekhave been reduced from 1596 to 924.

TRIUMPH 25 COUNTY HURDLE 45 ALBERT BARTLETT 43 GOLD CUP 20 FOXHUNTER 26 GRAND ANNUAL 41 MARTIN PIPE 65

Am I right in thinking that any horse declared today to run on Tuesday, automatically has any other entries for later in the week deleted?

Last edited:
While I think that kind of arrangement may well be tweaked again for next year, it has certainly helped cut down on the number for form study.

Usually the amount of duplicate entries across the novice races is substantial. So far I've only come across a handful. For example, only three (Aramon, Klassical Dream and Dancing On My Own) of the ones I checked were still in both the Supreme and Ballymore at the latest stage. Usually there's a dozen.

That's helping a fair bit.

Back