Cheltenham 2018/2019

So just to be crystal clear, anything declared for Tuesday now cannot be declared for any other race this week? I.e Willie can’t declare Klassical Dream for the Ballymore tomorrow and then make a final decision Monday night/Tuesday morning?

Is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So just to be crystal clear, anything declared for Tuesday now cannot be declared for any other race this week? I.e Willie can’t declare Klassical Dream for the Ballymore tomorrow and then make a final decision Monday night/Tuesday morning?

Is that correct?

Correct

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

King has Azzerti declared for the novice handicap chase. In as first reserve. Can he declare later in the week if it doesn’t run?

Forget that. Talking tosh. The other race he’s was entered in was the Ultima and he didn’t get in that either.

Forget that. Talking tosh. The other race he’s was entered in was the Ultima and he didn’t get in that either.

Just for clarity he would have been able to declare

No horse will be able to declare for more than one race excluding non-novice Grade 1 contests, unless it has been eliminated from a race or has been declared as a reserve

No Footpad or Un De Sceaux in the Champion Chase

Altior, Min, Castlegrace Paddy, God's Own, Hell's Kitchen, Ordinary World, Politologue, Saint Calvados and Sceau Royal .

Last edited:
At what point is the final field confirmed and the reserves can’t get in even if there’s a NR?

All handicap races at the meeting will have two reserve slots, which will have a deadline of 1pm the previous day.

Ruby just on RacingTV

Nick Luck: Who will you ride in the Gold Cup?

Ruby: I don't know yet, maybe Kemboy if G/S. Al Boum Photo if H, Bellshill if it's somewhere in between. Don't have to make my mind up yet, why would I ?, declarations aren't made until Wednesday.

I should probably know this, but Reserves are treated as NRs if they don’t get in, right i.e. stakes returned

I should probably know this, but Reserves are treated as NRs if they don’t get in, right i.e. stakes returned
Different rules for different bookmakers I believe. Some bet with them priced up and do a rule 4, some bet without them so for example you bet horse A and it finishes second to one of the reserves then you get paid as a winner

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Ta. Bet is with Hills, who’ve never been NRNB, and it’s backed after final decs.

Any idea how I stand?

Edit: No matter; have sent them a Tweet.

Last edited:
Back