Cheltenham 2020 / 2021

You would have thought it would have been fairer to run it at Taunton or even Carlisle on Sunday both being right handed.

With limited numbers and social distancing, have they said what arrangements are in place, and where we can and can’t go?

First race is 11.30

Presume everyone attending is aware of the following

To protect everyone’s health, we require contact details and consent to Covid 19 Code of Conduct for each individual before racecourse entry. The booker will receive an email with instructions on what to do.

As per Government Guidelines, spectators from a Tier 3 postcode will not be allowed entry and tickets will be cancelled and refunded.

All tickets purchased will be issued when all details for track and trace have been filled in and our Covid Code on Conduct and terms of entry' have been accepted. Please note there may be a slight delay in receiving your tickets.

Does anyone give this Michael Winters horse Chatham Street Lad in the caspers cup a chance?

I am not that taken with any of the English horses.

Last edited:
With limited numbers and social distancing, have they said what arrangements are in place, and where we can and can’t go?

I'd expect to receive the Covid code of conduct email from tomorrow onwards as today was the cut off for people who were successful in the ballot to return their ballot spots.

Does anyone give this Michael Winters horse Chatham Street Lad in the caspers cup a chance?

I am not that taken with any of the English horses.

Every chance especially if soft ground, quite like him too so 16-1 is tempting

I'd love him to win just so we get a Mick Winters ITV interview. Could be TV gold :)

True!

There's an RP article saying he will take his chance, although I can't view it as I don't subscribe to the Racing Post.

Last edited:
There's got to be fair chance the Caspian Caviar will cut up as quite a few of them could also run in the rescheduled Peterborough on Friday.

Peterborough

Bun Doran
Top Notch

Mister Fisher

Clondaw Castle
Dolos
Fanian D'Estruval
Glen Forsa
Kalashnikov

If the ground stays reasonable I would favour MF. Fanion has never been asked to run over this trip, Dolos always struck me as a flat track small field merchant and the rest are a bit meh at grade 2 level.

I find myself a little surprised to say it, but I actually like Clondaw Castle with Tom Scu up.

Thought it was a decent performance at Newbury, he gets a 6lb pull with some of the principals, and there are no question-marks about trip or ground.

I do respect Fanions, but I'm happy to take on the Henderson horses, as still not convinced about MF over this trip, and TN is getting on a bit now, and was maybe just starting show signs of decline last season.

Last edited:
Peterborough: First Show

20/1 Bun Doran
4/1 Top Notch
9/2 Mister Fisher
5/1 Clondaw Castle
5/1 Dolos
4/1 Fanian D'Estruval
14/1 Glen Forsa
11/2 Kalashnikov

I find myself a little surprised to say it, but I actually like Clondaw Castle with Tom Scu up.

Thought it was a decent performance at Newbury, he gets a 6lb pull with some of the principals, and there are no question-marks about trip or ground.

I do respect Fanions, but I'm happy to take on the Henderson horses, as still not convinced about MF over this trip, and TN is getting on a bit now, and was maybe just starting show signs of decline last season.

Would you not be concerned with Clondaw Castles course form Nick

Would you not be concerned with Clondaw Castles course form Nick

Not massively so, Brian - though it would be a mild worry.

I think in this particular race, they all have at least one thing that goes against them, and I'm prepared to forgive CC's previous outings at Cheltenham, given the horse appears to have found his form at this trip.

Back