Cheltenham 2020 / 2021

Nice performance from the Fisher.

Rory said an interesting thing on the ff pod a bit ago. Basically the ground for the November meeting is always softer than virtually any other Cheltenham meeting because they over water for the showcase in October and then it rains. That and the fact that MF won at this meeting 12 months ago meant it was worth keeping the faith with him today.

Last edited:
Coole Cody won the PP on ground described by NH as "very,very soft" and PN as "desperate". As the bulk of his previous better form was on better ground, it might be reasonable to assume he was as inonvenienced as the rest of them by the going on that day. Following that logic, he should improve enough today to negate any weight advantage to those behind him. 10/1 with 6 places (BF) may appeal, in that view.

Last edited:
Did the track get rain overnight?

Currently showing as soft ground according to the post.

Cheers Max. I did the horse in an each way single, as opposed to my usual 8 horse goliaths.

That's just what the doctor ordered!

Last edited:
don't forget placebacker who was also on. I'm sure Perpetual said he'd back it just for the laughs the trainer provides!

Knows his oats does our MICHAEL.
Well chuffed for him , owners and the doggie silent partner.
He joins an elite of Irish winners Flying Wild, Flyingbolt, Leap Frog , Go Roger Go and Sir OJ; well deserved by all.
An awful shame the Alley Bar is in lockdown as all roads would have led there tonight !

Last edited:
Knows his oats does our MICHAEL.
Well chuffed for him , owners and the doggie silent partner.
He joins an elite of Irish winners Flying Wild, Flyingbolt, Leap Frog , Go Roger Go and Sir OJ; well deserved by all.
An awful shame the Alley Bar is in lockdown as all roads would have led there tonight !

Slim said nothing here...

Last edited:
The weekend of CSL's first win this fall it was doubled with another at Jenny Candlish's yard 9/1 and 33/1 early odds.
He has not gone away you know , as they say.

He doesn't put the fear of God in them like he used to.

Reckon there’ll be any doubts whether the festival will go ahead this year?

Travel ban on Ireland thus far. Travel ban on the rest of the EU as well I think, meaning the likes of Easysland may not be able to travel.

Reckon there’ll be any doubts whether the festival will go ahead this year?

Travel ban on Ireland thus far. Travel ban on the rest of the EU as well I think, meaning the likes of Easysland may not be able to travel.

You'd like to think that by March The Vaccine would have been given to a few million and Cases/Deaths would be way lower

I read somewhere that somebody who works in the Catering at Cheltenham had been tipped off that the Festival would be delayed until April

Probably bullshine but wouldn't be surprised

You'd like to think that by March The Vaccine would have been given to a few million and Cases/Deaths would be way lower

I read somewhere that somebody who works in the Catering at Cheltenham had been tipped off that the Festival would be delayed until April

Probably bullshine but wouldn't be surprised

Doesn't a new strain make any existing vaccine obsolete!

Carabao Cup final is delayed TWO MONTHS with Wembley showpiece put back until late April in a desperate bid to allow fans in to see it... but the move will pile on further fixture chaos

Last edited:
Back