Cheltenham Festival 2012: DAY 4

Obviously he won't get near the good thing in the first race, but I do think asaid of John fergusons is over priced. His run at leopardstown wasn't that bad and given more experience and better ground, he may well run well in this....

His run in Leopardstown doesn't read very well to me but I take your point at 50/1 he's worth a nibble EW

I'm on MB as well. He'll appreciate the sort of lead Rebel Fitz gave him at Navan in November. I have Boston Bob in a double with Sprinter Sacre as well.

Baby Mix will like Cheltenham more than he did Kempton (jumped far better at the former in November than he did last time out) Urbain de Sivola is also overpriced.

I have 16s on Time for Rupert and 80s on China Rock in the main vein.
Not. too. confident.

Cornas is too big in the last. You wouldn't say he was well handicapped but 60 on the machine and 9 to place - yes please.

Last edited:
Will be yelling Kauto home as if my life depends upon it but that is pure sentimentality so the sensible option is Weird Al - lightly raced, improving for the change of yard, brought along to peak now and yard in form.

Also sweet on My Flora, Pearl Swan (thought he was harshly treated to lose the race last time and will improve for the experience) and Art Professor e/w in the David Pipe - always like to keep a Venetia bottom-weight onside.

Im struggling to see why Grumeti is the same price as Pearl Swan..PS gave 3lb when "beating" Grumeti...level weights gives a decent edge to Pearl Swan..i got him top of the lot on my figures by those 3 lengths

Had to come home for work reasons but free to watch the TV this afternoon. Most of work done but am feeling like an over excited kid today. For the first time this week I have bet every race. Discipline is out of the window.
Darroun and Hollow Tree£(33's and 20's)
Moon Dice and Citizenship
Mount B and Seas of Thunder
Weird Al(20's+) Burton Port(14/1)
Bourne
Cloudy Lane
Astacad
Let's have some great racing and good luck to all!

Bourne (5/1 - 4.40) looks a decent bet.
Beat 2 good sorts lto, and though up 10lb for this, should improve again for both trip and ground.

If Local Hero doesn't place I'll be disappointed. Should go very well. In the first I've had a bit on Urbain De Sivola now Hinterland doesn't run. Boston Bob the main bet of the day, had him at 3/1 but wouldn't be confident now. Burton Port e/w in the Gold Cup and that's it for the final day. If Boston Bob or Local Hero wins I'll have had a good festival, if not then not good.

Good luck and enjoy the day.

I think he was caught up in his reins and trying to shake his leg free which made it look worse than it was.

Back