Cheltenham Gold Cup 2015

Given Lord Windermere was held up out of his ground off a moderate pace yet still managed to pick them all up and beat them after a preparation which Tom Segal says was not ideal - he said they were never able to train him as they wanted at any time last year - you have to take his chances very seriously.

Black Thunder, Dynaste, Many Clouds, The Giant Bolster, Holywell, Theatre Guide, Double Ross and Smad Place the eight in the Betbright Chase

I have to agree. I've been backing GBH again at silly odds and still averaged about 70 on the machine......was 42 to lay last time I looked.

Bridgy said a few weeks ago he'd be content to finish 4th this time round in Saturdays race so I don't expect that will change much if he does.

Be a nice earner for me if he did go and win it again and his odds were slashed but I won't be holding my breath. tbh I will take the money and run if they are.

I get the impression that he feels that having him well enough to win this race last year may have cost him the Gold Cup and this year he's treating it more of a stepping stone.

Considering his Gold Cup record the person/s who laid him at crazy prices on Betfair must be on drugs.

With nothing really outstanding and the favourite having already failed twice in race 33/1 is a bit of an insult a few bookies might live to regret.

If Holywell doesn't win the Gold Cup I'd love to see Bridgy do it......great little jockey tough as nails who I won a small fortune backing when he got Tragic Hero up in the last strides in the Swinton giving the horse a ride even McCoy would have been pushed to equal

He used to ride one horse regular that couldn't jump a fence to save itself but he still won on it........one of the best rides I ever saw but damned if I can remember it's name......WTF is Rory Delargy when you need him? Sadly his career was cut short. Great to see him doing so well..........best steward basher since John Francome :lol:

Ruby mentioned him as still a gold cup horse when asked who would he ride between boston bob and on his own. Hedgehunter and On his own have won the race and gone on to finish in the places at Cheltenham.

I see Djakadam has top weight in tomorrows Thyestes chase at Gowran, he looked a complete non stayer in the Hennessey.

Totally agree. Not sure what they're trying to prove. Champagne Fever to the Champion Chase and Djakadam to the Ryanair seems the way to go. Probably reflects the lack of confidence in Boston Bob/On His Own more than anything else.

Perhaps you and your buddy should have the courtesy to watch the race before commenting. If you think AP could have done any better let me know.

You've misinterpreted our point, Tanlic. We weren't talking about the Bridgy ride.

This is at least the fifth time you've mentioned an old winner you've backed yet nobody piles in with derisory comments about aftertiming. I aftertimed excessively for a short time because one of the mods pm'd me to ask me to (to wind certain others up) but I got all the abuse - still do - then the mod fukced off without ever owning up and I've since been left in a position where I daren't mention any winners I've had unless I'd put them up here first.

Colin's remark was in reference to that.

It's sad but that's the pack mentality on here. If you're part of the pack you're ok.

Last edited:
I wasn't aftertiming I was reminiscing:p

Can't believe you ignore the main point of the post which was just how good a jockey he was or the fact the poor guy lost out through injury but take out an insignificant part and have a go.

How do you think I remember that particular ride?............why that one out of the thousands if I never backed the horse did I mention that one ?

I honestly thought you were disputing the fact even McCoy couldn't have done better. I even went scouring Youtube to see if the race was on there

Willing to take you to task on it I post the thing and find out you are moaning because I mentioned a bet I had nearly 20 years ago?

In another 20 years I hope to hell I am not a member of the sweetie wife's club you two have obviously memberships in.

Packs my hairy backside.....you really should get a grip

You've misinterpreted our point, Tanlic. We weren't talking about the Bridgy ride.

This is at least the fifth time you've mentioned an old winner you've backed yet nobody piles in with derisory comments about aftertiming. I aftertimed excessively for a short time because one of the mods pm'd me to ask me to (to wind certain others up) but I got all the abuse - still do - then the mod fukced off without ever owning up and I've since been left in a position where I daren't mention any winners I've had unless I'd put them up here first.

Colin's remark was in reference to that.

It's sad but that's the pack mentality on here. If you're part of the pack you're ok.

BTW who is We? you talk like you know what Colin is thinking that's very packish of you.......

I certainly thought both of you were talking about the ride and Colin hasn't said he wasn't but you assume he was......do you two gang up on people a lot or what? :lol:

I wasn't aftertiming I was reminiscing:p

I don't have a problem with that - never have.

Can't believe you ignore the main point of the post which was just how good a jockey he was or the fact the poor guy lost out through injury but take out an insignificant part and have a go.

How do you think I remember that particular ride?............why that one out of the thousands if I never backed the horse did I mention that one ?

I honestly thought you were disputing the fact even McCoy couldn't have done better. I even went scouring Youtube to see if the race was on there

Willing to take you to task on it I post the thing and find out you are moaning because I mentioned a bet I had nearly 20 years ago?

I took your post as you meant it: in praise of the Bridgy ride but many posts often contain other points that someone will pick up on. I limit what I contribute on here because I have been on the receiving of a lot of serious abuse on here going back to the days of a certain mod who, as I said, pm'd me to urge me to aftertime excessively because he was enjoying how others reacted to it. He never ever came on to back me up and put an end to it. He's obviously a coward whose reputation with the pack is more important to him than honour.

It was seeing that you had gone to the bother of seeking out the footage that prompted me to clarify the point I had been making. I was simply trying to clarify matters. Why do you adopt such an aggressive tone? I didn't insult you.

In another 20 years I hope to hell I am not a member of the sweetie wife's club you two have obviously memberships in.

Packs my hairy backside.....you really should get a grip

I have to say, that remark does you no credit.

Can't believe you ignore the main point of the post ... but take out an insignificant part and have a go.

I wasn't having a go, certainly not at you. When have I ever had a go at you? I was merely pointing out that certain people on here are allowed to mention winners they've had in the past - as they should be, in my opinion - and nobody bats an eyelid. If I did it there would be half a dozen on within minutes having a go at me, in some cases viciously. I mentioned a race going back many years and happened to mention that I remembered it because I'd backed the winner - same as you - but got all sorts of grief for it. "FFS", "Unbelievable!!" etc etc etc. Even when the forum was down one apparently respected poster came on to ask how many of DO's aftertimes he'd missed. Great stuff to the bar bullies.

Back