Daily picks.

What a shout. Tremendous stuff. Hats off.

$240,000 as a foal that one. With Wolves running slow it all fell into place.

I'll remember for next time gig puts one up at those prices, I think I just get greedy thinking about potential winnings rather than just turning a profit

Always the same when i don't look in, vwd Andy great pick and some nice prices! Got one that caught my eye a couple of runs ago in Precision Strike, not sure if the 1m at Kempton will be a stiff enough test as it was over 9fs at Wolver that it finished the race off so well when 3rd to Salute to Saville, had Great Ormond well behind that day, appeared to be given too much to do last time by Fitzpatrick when 2 1/2 lengths behind Great Ormond in 4th to Hidden Link. Has Prince Philip on tmr claiming 7lbs and 1st time visor to wake him up. Hacked up at Nottm on soft and hope slower ground at Kempton will help, one to keep onside for next couple of runs if Kempton is too sharp tmr but 14/1 with 365 now.

You need to look in early morning stew as the books the night before were only going 14/1 and i only put it on here because i could see 40s with two books after i got 50s.I only put bets up early morning or around the time books are up in the evening.I havn't done the form in advance this week as i thought it was all going to be off,but i've briefly just looked at the cards now can't see precision strike going off 14/1 more like 7/1 only just behind darkest night and schottische both won since.I'm not having anybets on those cards but looks a nice trade especially if one of the front two drift dramatically.

king george river 6/1 lads!!Will back again if bigger.

5/2!!

Out at 3.55!!

Last edited:
Nice debut run after being sold from o'brien stable running for alan bailey over c/d outpaced for most of the race over tomorrows c/d,then coming back on the bridle when race was over,finishing just behind yaroom in second he looks one to follow.The form through the second horse that day gives him the beating of four of these 6/1 looks massive although a few iof them are open to improvement he probably alongside hipster look the two that stand out long term.The big negative for him again might be like previous race small field and lack of pace,if thats the case it will be against him as he really only picked up in the last 1/2 furlong last time out when the race was over and he was eased.He looks a 3/1 shot to me in this race and looks a nice trade no chance of going off 6/1 with those formlines through yaroom he should be at least jf.He actually beat sugar boy on debut and and that won a listed race by over 6ls on its last run on the turf,he looks one to follow on the aw even if getting beat tomorrow.

Last edited:
Mcbirney

Put this up on friday,a farce of a race and the winner was allowed to dictate a slowly run race over 11 seconds slower than standard,mcbirney was coming back after a 2 month lay off after finishing second over 1m 11/2fs at wolves in a respectable time and the quicker of two divisions on the night.
He's now slipped to a nice mark of 65 running on strongly on friday pace against him,only a pound higher than when winning over 1m4fs at wolves april 2011,has shown regressive form this summer was rated 84 in 2011 dropped to 66 as this season went on.These races on the aw are very weak and i'm pretty sure he will win he may even run up a sequence,he's worth a couple of bets on future runs.

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH 20/1!!!!!:lol::lol:

Only backed it because it drifted,trebled in price incredible!!!Another to follows goes in!!:lol:

Last edited:
:cool::cool::cool:..still they come

now then G..what do you think to Avonrose tomorrow after that 2nd to Aubretia...1lb lower tomorrow..and back at best trip 7f

also..what did you make of Mr Optimistic's time tonight?..looks a whopper....the 2nd in that race must be ready for winning..ishetoo..now a stone below its september rating

Last edited:
Lowest ever mark avonrose with the claim looks to have a chance although the jockey looks poor,hope it wins for you if you back it.Mr optimistics race looks very odd mustv'e been standard the last race as he's run quicker than captain kendall 2 weeks ago carrying more weight.I'd be wary of that time but you'd have to back the winner again,ishetoo hasn't won for 4 seasons i've backed it a couple of times,its always threatened to come back to form,maybe if it runs over this c/d again.It's quite interesting that in 70 runs its only the second time its ever run there and the first over c/d.:ninja:

Nice debut run after being sold from o'brien stable running for alan bailey over c/d outpaced for most of the race over tomorrows c/d,then coming back on the bridle when race was over,finishing just behind yaroom in second he looks one to follow.The form through the second horse that day gives him the beating of four of these 6/1 looks massive although a few iof them are open to improvement he probably alongside hipster look the two that stand out long term.The big negative for him again might be like previous race small field and lack of pace,if thats the case it will be against him as he really only picked up in the last 1/2 furlong last time out when the race was over and he was eased.He looks a 3/1 shot to me in this race and looks a nice trade no chance of going off 6/1 with those formlines through yaroom he should be at least jf.He actually beat sugar boy on debut and and that won a listed race by over 6ls on its last run on the turf,he looks one to follow on the aw even if getting beat tomorrow.
W

Traded out to early at 3.65 but had the fcast as above they looked clear on form the form almost worked out to the pound through yaroom no pace for the fav as looked likely.

Putting up Fleetwood Sands tomorrow, dramatically down the weights this last twelve months, 7lb claimer up tomorrow, drop in grade and won two races in Dec 11 and Jan 12 in quick succession off 60 and 65 - 50 tomorrow plus claimer. Got to be a decent chance

avonrose ran a total stinker G..I will keep following it..my problem is i usually dismiss such a horse after a run like today's..only to get very angry the next time it runs and clocks in at 10s

Jockeys abysmal i wouldn't blame the horse he didn't want to go with the pace and left everything go past mustv'e wasted 6/7ls the way he rode it.When i backed it at epsom it sat handy to lead 3fs out it's never going to win races like that was ridden today and they didn't seem to go that quick either.

Last edited:
the overall time was good though..was fastest race for class today

i'm sure this one is ready to win..and ishetoo..you just have to stick with em..patience is the key most of the time isn't it?

It's all price dependant i don't follow them unless i think they're the right price i've put about 15 horses to follow on here and about 8 winners already but quite a few runs ui havn't mentioned them just because of price.I stopped backing desert strike as its form seemed to be getting worse then on the fifth run after i'd stopped backing it,it won.You can only back them for so many runs especially if you can't find legitimate excuses,i missed 11/1 that day on desert strike but i just couldn't back it anymore.Then on the flipside got very lucky yesterday mc birney wins at 20/1 after me putting it on here on second run,but again the night before was 6/1 no chance i wouldv'e backed it at that price.You can only back them on prices,i don't keep following them blind i usually put a line through them unless like today if i was following avonrose i would put a line through that run.

It's all price dependant i don't follow them unless i think they're the right price i've put about 15 horses to follow on here and about 8 winners already but quite a few runs ui havn't mentioned them just because of price.I stopped backing desert strike as its form seemed to be getting worse then on the fifth run after i'd stopped backing it,it won.You can only back them for so many runs especially if you can't find legitimate excuses,i missed 11/1 that day on desert strike but i just couldn't back it anymore.Then on the flipside got very lucky yesterday mc birney wins at 20/1 after me putting it on here on second run,but again the night before was 6/1 no chance i wouldv'e backed it at that price.You can only back them on prices,i don't keep following them blind i usually put a line through them unless like today if i was following avonrose i would put a line through that run.

yes price is the main thing obviously..i don't mind that much if i see one i've followed clock in at a short price..like Aubrietia the time after i backed it..a bit annoying it lost but it wasn't like it ran poorly after then popped up at 10s..which would have pissed me off..when in fact it would be my fault for not having some 10's about a horse i had previously thought a good few lbs in front of its mark.

I miss winners everyday because i won't take the prices or because of draw and jock etc,in the long run it works out better to miss a few winners under the wrong conditions/prices.Avonrose is a good example,that jock has never rode a winner so from another poor draw with him riding again i would not back it especially as it needs to be up with the pace.Infact if i was following it i'd want him to ride it next time out and get it beaten!!:D

Back