Deal Or No Deal

I was wrong.

But I'll only be wrong until next Wednesday.

Endemol used a new random number generator (based on Excel) for series two and they recorded for three weeks before the patterns were spotted. It didn't affect any of the games being played as obviously the patterns only come out after the shows have been transmitted and they are recorded seven or eight weeks in advance. They changed their system of choosing the random numbers and the new system begins with next Thursday's programme. The producers say that they have been inundated with phone calls, emails, faxes and letters.

I'll be at Newbury tomorrow so no odds will be offered - my book will be available from next week. Guess which day...? :lol:

Incidentally, in some countries the banker knows the amount in the contestant's box. Endemol say that he doesn't in their UK version.

Here's a coincidence, I know the lady (Sue) who won the £10,000 viewer's prize at the end of today's show

I find it amazing that the makers of a gameshow based entirely on randomness couldn't get the randomness right.

(And where the **** were the supposed independent adjudicators?!?)

I had to do a search to see if the "banker" is the same Glenn Hugill who was in Corrie, and he is. My claim to fame is that his mum was one of my teachers when I first went to Comprehensive!!

Absolutely Gareth - and that's how I would play the game. But we do have to consider how much certain sums of money might mean to the contestants.

Reported in our local paper that a 24 year old female student at Plymouth University has won the £250,000, programme will be shown in the New Year.

Saw a repeat tonight, as evidently the stepson of one of the current contestants has died suddenly and todays show was cancelled. The contestant was left with £75k and £250,000k , was offered £125K and said "No Deal", only won the £75k.

Back