Dundalk 2011

Ger Lyons on Facebook today....

"‎5 runners tonight at Dundalk & it's not April fools day but they all have good chances. What's my best is probably Bible Black but will be disappointed with one winner!"

7:00 - Colour Of Love ran well on her final start of last season and won in a good time, she looks the value to me at 6's.

8:30 - Sounds stupid but hard to seperate the front two, not a fan of Printmaker despite the trainers very good record at the track and will be having a reverse forecast on the front two in the market. Sikara was well backed for her debut and did the job nicely whilst Late Day Sun won over the course last backend, they both have two good, young claiming jockeys on board and I expect those two to fill the first two positions.

9:00 - My original section would be Try Freedom who I put up over 2m a couple of weeks ago, he was a blatant non-stayer that day but has run good figures over the course and distance and in the event that he looks unlikely to get a run then the Edward Lynam trained gelding Sparring Partner looks best placed to take advantage, he ran three solid races over the course last year without winning and although he's still a Maiden I expect him to gain some compensation sooner rather than later.

21:25 - It's another Lynam horse here for me with Denny Crane who won three races over the course in 2010 racing for the first time in 2011 here, the Johnston horse is obviously a danger and there are other classy types in here too (Grey Soldier a listed winner on his last flat start in August 09, Mount Athos who ran well on turf last summer and also Toraidhe who takes a large hike in trip after a disappointing run last time out)

Should win but price well and truly gone. Will drift before the off you'd imagine. Probably go off 8/13 of so.

Will be having an interest on Sounds of Thunder in the 9:00 - connections very sweet on him and think he has improved a tonne in the last couple of months after sorting a couple of niggling problems he had. Must be reasonably treated off 60. My luck is totally out this week - I wouldnt get a kick in a row so be warned.

Stacks filly took a long time to get going the last day from a horror draw-place lay at sub 1.8 in 830.
PS-I am on tilt.

Had a message from a friend in Canada but can't find a bookies taking bets for Oakland Park USA - anyone know of any?

Ramon Dominguez has gone down to ride No3 Havre de Grace - Oaklawn Race 10.
Connections are confident and its been working out like a freak

No chance of an early price, will be a PMU only job I think SC - call up Hills, Lads and VC I'm sure they'd be able to lay you a bet at SP

Last edited:
Ger Lyons on Facebook today....

"‎5 runners tonight at Dundalk & it's not April fools day but they all have good chances. What's my best is probably Bible Black but will be disappointed with one winner!"

He had two at nice prices - well done

Back