Dundalk 2011

Don't know what to make if that - they seem to be all going very wide in the straight - I know when it rains it gets very quick on the surface

Place laid him at 1/2 and had a few quid in the win Market at 22 just in case he ran on like a train.
Anyone backing the o Brien horses in forecast doubles had a good night.

Place laid him at 1/2 and had a few quid in the win Market at 22 just in case he ran on like a train.
Anyone backing the o Brien horses in forecast doubles had a good night.

Would have been difficult to include either in forecast bets but they are there to make fools of us

I have a slight doubt about the stamina of Apache Drum in the 925-his price could have a lot to do with owner and jockey.Place lay at even money to get ahead on the night.

The Golden Sands are back tonight:

19:30 Naseem Sea @ 14/1 (Blue Square) - Made her first two starts here over the minimum trip and ran well on both occasions, the second of which resulted in a victory. Was outpaced in a conditions race last time out but had previously finished third in a Group 3 at The Curragh, the step up in trip is likely to help as is the return to Dundalk.

20:30 Star Of Aragon @ 14/1 (Bet365, Boylesports, Betfred, Victor Chandler, Coral) - Not run at the course in a while but did record a victory on his first handicap start over hurdles at Galway under this pilot, fell next time out at Fairyhouse but was running well at the time. Last handicap start here he ran off 65 back in October 2010 over todays trip, he had Fran Berry on board that day and subsequently ran well for Pat Smullen off 72 a month later. C A Landers takes 10lbs off today so he effectively races off 58 today, turf form hasn't been up to much but I expect him to bounce back tonight.

21:00 Denny Crane @ 14/1 (Bet365, Boyles, Stan James, Ladbrokes) - This horse was a star ofr Eddie Lynam during the Winter season here but he's proven to be very disappointing thus far in 2011, first time blinkers were tried last time out at the Galway Festival and he ran better to finish 5th of 18 under todays jockey, the blinkers have been dispensed for tonight but he's just a pound higher than when beaten Dark Prospect a head over this CD last December and he represents a yard that's been in the winners of late.

Martin

Heading up to Dundalk tomorrow evening. Can't wait to return to the home of Irish racing :)

Some thoughts on the card...

6:15

Pretty competitive race on the whole but one jumps off the page, that one being Balmont Mast. An improving type for Eddie Lynam, who enjoys it around Dundalk, has the services of Johnny Murtagh and a plum draw in 1.

Of the competition, if Red Army Blues is fresh and ready after his break, he will competitive off his mark, especially considering Danny Bensons 7lb claim. Big Bad Lily has had the same break, but an 8lb hike following her latest win may just make things a little too difficult for her to be competitive.

6:45

If you asked her trainer, i’d imagine Wave ‘could be anything’, and given the likely improvement from a first run for a Ballydoyle runner, this half sister to Look At Me (OR 105) could take this contest with ease. Like her half sister however, this filly is likely to be better with cut underfoot.

Having said that, looking for something to take her on is not an easy task. Of those that have had a run, Rachel is the clear pick. This daughter of Invincible Spirit was 4th on her 1st start behind Wading, who has since gone on to win the Rockfel stakes (Gr2) at Newmarket last weekend. Wading won her maiden as she liked, but Rachel was eye-catching in 4th.

Having slightly missed the break, she soon got positioned nicely and travelled well through the race, before motoring home once seeing daylight 2f out. She looks a genuine sort with plenty of natural speed. The question is, how much improvement is likley.

Of the newcomers, My Fere Lady is the pick of the litter. A daughter of Mr Greeley, her trainer knows how to get them right first time out. The draw is a slight negative.

Overall I was taken by Rachel’s fist run. So long as she doesn’t blow her chance leaving the stalls, I think she’s the value selection.

7:10

While it’s dangerous to dismiss well bred Aidan O’Brien runners at any stage, even first time out, the choice of Joseph O’Brien seems to suggest Fatcatinthehat should have both of the Ballydoyle horses covered. That selection along with the breeding and form of Fatcatinthehat, mean he is the one to beat here.

A 31 day break and a first run on the all weather are likely to bring out improvement in this son of Authorized. Last time out at Listowel when 3rd behind Athens over 1f further, Danny Mullins mount seemed to find it difficult to quicken in the soft, tacky ground.

Rogue Element is back over the same course and distance as 7 days ago when 2nd to Captain Cullen. On first look it was possibly an average maiden last week, but 2yo’s from the Ger Lyons stable relish their racing and will be an improved horse for the experience last week.

Of the newcomers, Ferryview Place is an interesting runner for Eoin Griffin. A half brother to Fareer, this son of Compton Place was purchased for 26k guineas, and if ready to run first time out could be a value ew bet in the race.

The verdict goes to Fatcatinthehat who is the best bet on the card for me.

Don't have time to do write ups for other races, but other fancies:

7:35 Fluidity/Canaille - Very difficult to split these for me. Might Rev fc them.
8:00 Boom To Bust
8:30 Foot Perfect ew

Nice post Hezz. Really like your best bet. There was real good money for that on it's last run. Pity OTB has excluded you from our Dundalk text message ring. We had the maidens boxed off by 2pm today.

Nice post Hezz. Really like your best bet. There was real good money for that on it's last run. Pity OTB has excluded you from our Dundalk text message ring. We had the maidens boxed off by 2pm today.

Just be careful that the text ring is the only ring OTB gets you involved in....

Rachel in the second is my only bet on the card tonight - currently 7/2 with Bet365 and hard to see her out of the placings. Ran a blinder behind Wading first time out over the CD and think she'll be very tough to beat.

Rachel in the second is my only bet on the card tonight - currently 7/2 with Bet365 and hard to see her out of the placings. Ran a blinder behind Wading first time out over the CD and think she'll be very tough to beat.

I have been waiting for her to run since her debut. She is an absolute beauty!!! Tied up all morning so missed the 7/2 but 5/2 will have to do!! Banimpire has now been relegated to my bit on the side....:ninja:

Back