Eclipse Stakes

and NoT didnt look like a top class horse at Ascot.

I don't fancy him but playing devils advocate the tactics behind his ride that day in terms of trying to beat Kingman made him look less of a horse than he is surely.

Really looking forward to this race, Ajdal has set it up well with his post remembering all the fillies that have run in it.

Can't remember backing the winner that often, Halling the only one I think. I laid the shite out of Mount Nelson in what was the worst renewal ever.

The first race time shows the ground to be exactly the same as yesterday..just into G/F territory..the rain hasn't got in its just maintained the ground....and it will probably dry further...fast ground horses will enjoy

Racing post comment on extortionist.."rain would be a concern"..no concerns on this ground

kinsgate always pops up when its fast too

nice to see the confirmation of the ground conditions

bet Kingston Hill gets pulled out

Last edited:
But believable...........Kooyanga @15/2 (returned 9/1) Brief Truce @25/1 and Richard Hannon's Beyton 16/1 (returned 12/1) and the worse thing is if it were today Kooyonga would probably have kept the race as she won by 1 1/2 lengths. Anyone making it up would have given the SP's because they wouldn't know the early morning prices.

Unlucky Luke surprised you never topped yourslf:lol:

I remember when Kooyonga was second in the Guineas Lester said she would have won 9 out of 10 and some journo suggested he had lost it in his old age - evidently not though as he chose to ride Rua d Oro for MVOB in the Irish Guineas Warren o Connor won on her and kept the ride .

She was one hell of a filly .

Atzeni won't mind missing the ride on Kingston Hill now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure it'll be enough to have much effect on the ground but I'm not there and C4 have better things to do than let us know...

I have backed The Fugue in a double so have protected it with covering bets on NoT & Verranzano as I don't fancy Kingston Hill today, lets hope it's a great race.

before the shower..Velos's race showed the ground at that time was 28lbs per mile fast..thats proper fast ground...would take a lot of rain to soften that up

Just checked really good call Ajdal. NoT and Verrazano didn't seem to stay and wtf were Buick and Frankie doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird race indeed. NOT looked not to stay after all. Just a tad miffed that I'd backed Somewhat in the Tercentenary. Might well have won on that form (but obviously it's never as simple as that).

Well ridden Paul Hanagan - came out looking like a man among boys in that race.

The rest of them were reminiscent of AP/Ruby watching each other in the 2012 CH and completely failing to see RoR wasn't stopping.

Night of Thunder pulled and didn't stay but even he was too far back .

The rides given to Kingston Hill and The Fugue beggared belief - that is seven stinkers on The Fugue from Buick in Group 1 races and we have in KH a horse that improved no end for 12f and being ridden prominently in the Derby.

It was as if because Silvestre de Sousa went off like a scalded cat but then settled it they thought he was still going that fast and would be bound to come back to them - Mukhadram at his best doesn't come back .

Last edited:
Two good pacemaking rides by Franny Norton on Ifwecan and Somewhat, what the others were doing is anyone's guess!

Back