Epsom Derby 2012

Injury I think which is off putting.

I was impressed with Noble Mission at Newmarket so Swedish Sailor is an obvious one. However, it's hard to know how much Cecil's horse has improved.

He looks a proper St Ledger sort and would be worried about him around Epsom so inexperienced.

He has ability but wouldn't agree he's a Group 1 animal or anything that could win a Classic, can't quite see the hype if I'm honest.

Mandean looks remotely useful aswell, form of his French win looks useless and may have beat Handicappers in behind and doing so in unimpressive fashion.

Boys in blue struggling.

I was impressed with Noble Mission at Newmarket.

Noble Mission is a fine sort perhaps a little short of Derby class, but interesting. If you like him you would have to be also quite taken with Michelangelo on his debut. A Galileo/Darshaan who has run above 100 on his debut in Listed company.

Last edited:
AKEED MOFEED is not a definite runner in Sunday's Derrinstown Stud Derby Trial after trainer John Oxx said on Wednesday that the race might come too soon for his Classic hope. (Racing Post)

Noble Mission is a fine sort perhaps a little short of Derby class, but interesting. If you like him you would have to be also quite taken with Michelangelo on his debut. A Galileo/Darshaan who has run above 100 on his debut in Listed company.

I do like Michelangelo also. However, I thought that Noble Mission was ultimately a convincing winner despite enjoying a terrible trip. He didn't settle and had trouble getting his run but when the gap came he readily quickened to put the race to bed.

Like you, I suspect he is just short of the very top, but on this evidence there are Group races to be won with him. It will be interesting to see how he fares in the Dante if he goes there next.

Personally I've had £425 Each Way on Thomas Chippdendale tonight at 40-1 and had to take some 33-1.

The horse has a key piece of work coming up in coming week and if all goes well then he will be punted by everyone so I'm going to take the chance he destroys what he's working with.

Looking at his breeding & race performance he could be every inch a Derby winner let alone a prospect.

Nobel Mission is Khalid's main runner but I think Thomas Chippdendale is Sir Henry's.

Last edited:
Thomas Chippendale beat Went The Day Well in his Maiden and that one was 4th in the Kentucky Derby last weekend. And I suspect that that means absolutely nothing.

Thomas Chippendale beat Went The Day Well in his Maiden and that one was 4th in the Kentucky Derby last weekend. And I suspect that that means absolutely nothing.

You're right!

He looks spitting image of Twice Over on video evidence, scary.

St Ledger ??? For crying out loud when did the race have a " d " in the middle ???

We couldn't afford to be confusing the Leger with the grubby world of accounts and commerce, construction or worst of all, a footballer named Sean Saint.

That Dansili x All My Loving colt had been tipped to China and back since last year. Not exactly new news Bruce. He's a nice sort - was a great mover as a yearling. First foal though and was quite handy. Nice family, dam is a full sister to Quartermoon and Yesterday.

I have nothing to worry about if I got my Chippendale out in public.

The way some act so salty and aggressive on here you'd have to question whether their Chippdendale gets them down sometimes.

Last edited:
Akeed is looking a very weak Derby contender now with Athens & David Livingstone looking mere handicappers in disguise.

Bonfire out of the Dee Stakes. Hopefully we'll see him in the Dante now.

Frustrating given that they were adamant he would run just yesterday despite the going.

Balding said soft ground at York was also likely and that they could run out of time if missing the Dante as well.

Akeed Mofeed misses the Derby and will instead be aimed at the Irish Guineas and Irish Derby.

Thanks Nora... seemed to be the way things were pointing. Who will line up against Camelot apart from his own stablemates? We may have to rethink the 5/4 as value.

Back