Epsom Derby 2012

Two months before the race non runner no bet. Get off the crack pipe for crying out loud it's doing your brain in.

I wouldn't completely disagree Trefflich but then he says he's NRNB for the Derby in March or whenever it was? Hmmmm....

I will be back on this website after The Derby.

Just like before, I'll take a pro-longed period off to let the forum assemble some sort of functionality again.

It's quite clear that SteveM has logged on today and ventured into an aggressive tirade against me in his first 5 posts which sends out a loud message that you're not wanted here neither is your opinion.

As I've said before that my opinion is down and the facts speak for themselves.

I would like to mention that I have never got out of hand with anyone on here whilst holding the upmost respect for every forum member showing a level of restraint that should be applauded rather than ridiculed. The only regrets I have is that you can't see me as one of your own, I'd like to think I've increased debate and opinion and hopefully the more genuine members who see the goodness behind me and will take me in for a third chance come June.

See you on the 2nd of June when I will attempt to once again try and fit in with this community.

Last edited:
Time to give Bruce a break lads. Behind all the BS there a some great nuggets of information imho.

When you have to sift thru mountains of stinking putrid shite to find a nugget or two it just isn't worth it. There are many other places on this board that offer much more with lot less aggravation. Me personally I hope the guy actually sticks to his word and disappears till after the Derby. Who knows if Camelot wins.............

Time to give Bruce a break lads. Behind all the BS there a some great nuggets of information imho.

Don't you see, he knows enough to put things up as a scatter gun approach to build up a sort of credibility, some things will hit and some miss. But this is a technique. He is stringing us along. It is all a masquerade from beginning to end. He is pure persona. The feigned sincerity and wounded feelings are a mask. He is draining much of the vitality of the forum and is damaging in his intent.

This thread should be for a discussion on the Derby rather than Bruce though.

Last edited:
When you have to sift thru mountains of stinking putrid shite to find a nugget or two it just isn't worth it. There are many other places on this board that offer much more with lot less aggravation. Me personally I hope the guy actually sticks to his word and disappears till after the Derby. Who knows if Camelot wins.............

Tongue firmly in cheek! He can be rather amusing all the same:rolleyes:

personally I hope the guy actually sticks to his word and disappears till after the Derby. Who knows if Camelot wins.............

The sad thing is that if Camelot does win, he'll simply return in a new guise (possibly as a Camelot supporter) ...and so it starts again.

Mandaean and a couple of the others should prove a good enough test of his credentials. Mandaean won his Group 1 impressively for Fabre, we'll see if he can do the same for Al Zarooni.

Last edited:
I like the way that Light Heavy is shaping. He'll be aimed at the Irish Derby rather than Epsom.

He's tough out but I don't think he's beaten top candidates. An extra 2f should see more improvement but he lacks a kick. Place material.

Interesting to hear Parish Hall is "very well" for a Dewhurst winner that's very well they have been uncharacteristically quiet about .

"Astrology won his trial well at Chester, but we feel that he will be even more effective on better ground, and he could be heading for Epsom, while, besides Ernest Hemingway, Sandown winner Imperial Monarch and Father Of Science, who broke his maiden at Chester last week, could also make the trip" Aidan O'Brien quoted on the ATR website

He's tough out but I don't think he's beaten top candidates. An extra 2f should see more improvement but he lacks a kick. Place material.

Interesting to hear Parish Hall is "very well" for a Dewhurst winner that's very well they have been uncharacteristically quiet about .

Agree with you about Light Heavy no doubt place material at best.

But I also think PH will improve tremendously for the step up. He and Camelot are the two I'm on so far and I'll be having a look at a couple of others before the day.

Thanks Gareth. This puts it about as clearly as anything so far:

O’Brien: [In addition to Camelot] “We’ve got a lot of different options there with the likes of Astrology, Imperial Monarch, maiden winners and Ernest Hemingway, who is a beautiful big horse. He will go for the Dante on Thursday if the ground is good or better but it is doubtful he’d go to Epsom if he misses York. Whether the boys would let all of them go to Epsom, I don’t know.

But I also think PH will improve tremendously for the step up. He and Camelot are the two I'm on so far and I'll be having a look at a couple of others before the day.

Seems strange on the face of it to prep for the Derby a week before the event but Jim has been adamant about the ground and PH's preference for a sound surface. Something we aren't getting on either side of the Irish Sea at the moment.

I love it when O’Brien talks about “sitting down with the boys” to discuss it. He of course means those old embittered, hard as nails, ‘orrible bastards that pay the bills, Gawd bless ’em.

Back