Epsom Derby 2012

Light Heavy has a terrible walk. He came out of the saddling box yesterday and looked lame behind. He freed up in the parade ring but still would not be considered a good walker. JBs stats for the year so far read 45 owned runners ,3 winners of 6 races. LH won 3 of these races. He took a long time to pass the o Brien second string. Gutsy yes but needs to improve a lot more for Group 1. No better man than JB to do so.

I just can't see him entering the picture, it isn't like they are short of other contenders.

Quite so, not really any logical room for DLL. You would think Astrology is a certainty to join Camelot. Then there is the "aeroplane" turning up in the Dante (...good luck to him) and Imperial Monarch and Father Of Science, etc. Something will set a pace as half of them are Galileo/Darshaan's that will need all of the mile and a half. And as Aidan says "the boys" won't want to run all of them, a team 'B', with perhaps a bit of overlap, will be focussed on France and Ireland as well.

Ground at York now officially good..... last chance to board....calling all passangers....calling all passangers....

Last edited:
Hopefully we won't be searching the Knavesmire for the black box.... cannot wait for this race.....there can be no inbetween....unreal high or abject dissappointment....it's 75% certain to be the latter.

That’s the nature of racing though, “it’s about losing”. So good luck with this one. I was the same with Montjeu before he had set foot on a racecourse.

EH is a beautiful individual and if the all-weather at Dundalk translates to the Knavesmire we’re in for a treat. Fencing is strapping, but I can’t quite see it myself. Bonfire is shaping nicely and could show something, Ektihaam has won at the trip and Smart’s horse is probably no mug.

However, Mandaean sets the standard here for me that they all have to beat. I’m hoping one can and cause some excitement by kicking away from him. Maybe it’ll be the one with the wings and streamline undercarriage.;)

There's an "aeroplane" vacancy as I understand it... can we have Imperial Monarch?

They could still use EH as pacemaker.:(

Last edited:
OTB,

Don't despair, get back on the antepost wagon and back Astrology 20s and Etokhaam 25s, both each way.

Back