Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

That’s so sad to read. She apparently suffered a fractured pelvis having done the splits in her stables. Exactly the same reason that I had to put Tajjree down.

Acappella Bourgeois is being retired. Eight wins and seven places from 28 runs, many of them in the best of company.

Hearing that Defi Du Seuil bled yesterday

Which means his problem hasn’t been sorted :(
I keep telling them I have a spare stable here for him.....:lol: although I imagine he will go back to JPs “retirement yard” in Ireland. Such a shame to plonk a horse in a field when it’s relatively young.

Which means his problem hasn’t been sorted :(
I keep telling them I have a spare stable here for him.....:lol: although I imagine he will go back to JPs “retirement yard” in Ireland. Such a shame to plonk a horse in a field when it’s relatively young.

Any horse retired to Martinstown will never feel "plonked ", not while JP is alive at any rate .

No but you know what I mean! I think it’s a shame that horses young enough to go on and do something else are just turned out in a field instead.

JP does: 2 half brothers of my mare, one had a heart condition, one very good but was injured, one was 5, one was 6, both rehomed as happy hackers etc...well emails from Martinstown say that when I asked.

Back