Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Broomhill Daisy who came second a couple of days ago was fatally injured crossing the line - how utterly heartbreaking for Rebecca Menzies team but also that’s not how Amy Murphy would want to win either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes saw the Twitter exchange. Broke down just before the line bless her. Horrible for everyone.

Yes saw the Twitter exchange. Broke down just before the line bless her. Horrible for everyone.

I remember one of the first times I watched American racing a filly won but broke both front legs passing the post - utterly heartbreaking for everyone involved and stayed with me for a long, long time. ( well clearly as I’ve just brought it up again!) I don’t remember the filly’s name or anything like that, but I won’t ever forget seeing her go down….

I remember one of the first times I watched American racing a filly won but broke both front legs passing the post - utterly heartbreaking for everyone involved and stayed with me for a long, long time. ( well clearly as I’ve just brought it up again!) I don’t remember the filly’s name or anything like that, but I won’t ever forget seeing her go down….

Horrifying, could easily put you off the whole sport for all time.

Im a nervous wreck anytime Tiger Roll or Honeysuckle runs.
Not cause ive backed them, but if one of them were to break down Itd be front page news for all the wrong reasons. Thats for a different thread a different time though. I hope all the horses come back on any race day.

one of Willies injured walking out onto thecourse this morning. either Stattler or Jungle Boogie, sorry can't be more specific

Reports circulating today that we lost a total of four horses at Cheltenham on Friday...:(

Yes,I saw all the s*it on facebook by RSPCA,league of cruelty to animals or whatever it's called.same every year.why dont they spend their time and money on horses stuck in fields and starving ones instead of the ones that are loved and well looked after.
It's sad when a horse gets put down but they could do the same running across a field.

Back