Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

I’d be tempted to - what more can you ask of him. Unless you wanted a crack at the three wins and two seconds, he’s plenty young enough to try for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d be tempted to - what more can you ask of him. Unless you wanted a crack at the three wins and two seconds, he’s plenty young enough to try for it

I'd be surprised they only bought him this season. From what WC senior was saying he, NY, would be back just not ridden by SWC.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised they only bought him this season. From what WC senior was saying he, NY, would be back just not ridden by SWC.

I was answering Kirsty’s why would you retire a 7 year old - I can’t see them doing it either, I’m well aware I’m an anomaly in the way I think about big race winners if I was ever to own them ( let’s face it, I cheer if mine just don’t come stone last [emoji23][emoji23] )

Ding Ding has retired. So relieved to see her retire in one piece but, boy, will I miss shouting her home.

Oh that’s sad. She was the dam of Sir Isaac Newton who I saw go through the ring as a yearling and he was stunning. Sadly he didn’t turn out as good as his looks and ended up dying in a hurdle race. :(

Rumour has it the last year she foaled to Galileo the owners went alone as opposed to foal share ; their bill for cover and keep exceeded 700,000.
Rumour has it.
Some loss to her owners.
On the other hand rumour has it dam of Allaho was sold for a bag (or two) of apples before breeding him.
Oh to be in the right place at the right time, if only once.

King's Advice was lost last Sunday at York.
Should have been retired before which makes it more annoying.

Back