Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Nice to see a big entry for it though :lol:, but I suppose the £85k first prize has something to do with that.

Arcadian Sunset who finished third in the Ascot Stakes on Tuesday was pts after becoming ill on returning to his yard in Ireland.

Australia's Home Affairs who beat Nature Strip in the Group 1 Black Cavier Lightning recently
and who went off favourite for the Platinum Jubilee Stakes has been retired

A real shame about Scope. He looked top class over staying trips with cut in the ground. R.I.P fella

Good to see Boov getting out the other side unscathed.

Never managed to really catch him myself, and probably under-rate him a touch as a result, but no doubting he was talented. Hope he has a long and happy retirement.

I suppose this is the right place :-Departures.

Claudio Michael Grech has decided to move all his horses to the Emerald Isle. I doubt if anyone at seven barrows gives a hoot

He sings the praises of Herietta Knight but for how long?..She couldn't keep it together with Jim Lewis(Best Mate)
Wait till she gets a load of Elliot and Mullins if she thinks she can call the shots..

Someone needs to tell him he's no Rich Ricci or JP McManus and it takes more than pounds shillings and pence.

Lord Glitters has retired. Wonderful wonderful horse for everyone involved with him [emoji3059][emoji3059][emoji3059]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was hideous to watch at Newmarket just now. First Summer Knight then the other one on the line. Was Reelimin ok after pulling up earlier?

Last edited:
Both horses, Summer Knight and Tribal Art who went near the line are listed as fatally injured :(

A couple of points....Tribal Art was difficult last time and I believe left at the start at Ascot? Co-incidence? I think not. He was also sweating heavily down at the stalls and horses invariably sense when all is not well. Add in the Johnston factor (very, very hard trained and from what I seen at the Autumn Horses in Training Sales, not many left sound by the end of the season). That may seem harsh and for sure trainers are there to win races for owners but some yards have higher attrition rates than others.....

The ground on the rest of the Heath as you look across is incredibly dry, presumably meaning that there has had to be a whole heap of watering....maybe it wasn’t quite right.

The French filly today looked miserable on the ground and although it’s too quick to say with Inspiral, maybe that too was a contributing factor and she didn’t want to let herself down.

26513f9a8e643558e4384462a1cc3a50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swain and Dumaani both pts at The Old Friends facility in Lexington, Kentucky aged 30 and 31 respectively.

Back