Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Sadly a fatal fall confirmed on IT V. Desperate news whatever the cause

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin Manning has retired -my overwhelming memory is backing away from a bet on Jet Ski Lady in the Oaks and watching her make all.

Sweet Auburn from Donald McCain's yard today at Sedgefield.

Sadly Ruth Jefferson’s Thermusa in the same race

Racing abandoned at Sedgefield after these fatalities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allaho reportedly misses the KG with a setback, according to ATR. Connections hoping he'll be Ok for Cheltenham.

Allaho reportedly misses the KG with a setback, according to ATR. Connections hoping he'll be Ok for Cheltenham.

Well I kinda got this part-right...

I've taken 10/1 Galopin Des Champs for the King George. I'm not totally convinced Allaho will run. I've no idea if the race is on GDC's schedule. It's just a gut feeling that A won't come over.

It reminds me of when my pony got colic and had to be pts. I phoned the vets asking for any vet to come asap.My vet wasn’t working that day. But next thing I knew she was at the field. I made you a promise, she said ( we knew Rosie wasn’t going to get through another winter so we’d pencilled in a date). She left the practice and I never saw her again but I’ll be eternally grateful to her.

Well I kinda got this part-right...

Maybe Allaho was never going to turn up at Kempton (but maybe he was), but I think the stable would be very foolish to resort to pretending a stable star was injured if it wasn’t in fact the case. You can congratulate yourself on your good fortune that he won’t be turning up, but not your prescience.

I saw it too and found it very touching.

Yes, and me. One of the joys of TH is that people have a genuine affection for the horses we talk about, as well as a genuine sadness when they get injured or die. They are not just counters in a betting game, but proud animals that are fully deserving of our love and respect. That shows up all the time from forumites and you’re a great bunch :)

Back