Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

I was on too when he got carried out but, had lost the faith by the following year....He carried on at the top level for a fair old time and was a real favourite of most NH folk. Memory is bit fuzzy, but think he was the horse that really put Nicholls on the map

Rodrigo was one of my all time favourites-to come back from defeat at Epsom & Royal Ascot to do the International/Champion Stakes double was a serious acheivement.

Apparently so, granger.....confirmation might be lurking earlier in this thread or the Punchestown Festival thread.

Apparently so, granger.....confirmation might be lurking earlier in this thread or the Punchestown Festival thread.

Had read he was all but gone earlier in the season just didnt see it officially.

Was tidying up my Horse Tracker file on irishracing website - my watchful eye has 54 beasts marked down for greatness

Last edited:
I did mine pre-Galway Granger - think the horse that hadn't run since a spin at Tramore in August 2012 was one of the first to go ;)

Last edited:
Rodrigo was one of my all time favourites-to come back from defeat at Epsom & Royal Ascot to do the International/Champion Stakes double was a serious acheivement.

Indeed Luke.
A forgotten horse who sealed Lester's return to the big time.
Some race record that compares with the best we have seen since.
PCH had some time with Dr Devious and Rodrigo.

Jim Old has handed in his licence. That period when the stable was hit by a persistent virus was the beginning of a slow and painful decline. Shame, he's a nice guy and was a very good trainer.

Talented filly Inchila, 4th in the Oaks has been put to sleep due to complications from her injury at Ascot.

Who was that quirky horse of Jim Old's that became his hack and then sadly died when he was riding him one day? Shame about Inchila. Oh, I remember..Moleboard. He loved that horse.

Back