Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

yeah sad for mars. was pretty horrible viewing watching him run out.

gentildonna's win with cirrus in 2nd reminded me of the horse that was there with both of them at the finish line in the last 2 years. the late, great, st nicholas abbey. sleep well old boy.

yeah sad for mars. was pretty horrible viewing watching him run out.

gentildonna's win with cirrus in 2nd reminded me of the horse that was there with both of them at the finish line in the last 2 years. the late, great, st nicholas abbey. sleep well old boy.

Here here.

Willie Mullins column in RP says Rathvinden has picked up injury which will leave him sidelined 'for some time'

Fiorente formerly with Sir Michael Stoute and winner of last years Melbourne Cup when trained by Gai Waterhouse retired due to small tendon tear - will be found a place at stud.

Fiorente's last run was disappointing after the Melbourne Cup and a 10f Group 1. That may have been the reason. Don't think they have much Monsun blood in Australia but he offers up 2 more crosses of Danzig in his 4th generation to go with all those Danehill mares out there!

Punjabi Arrives at his retirement home

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kinsale-Farm-and-Stud/176310352482296

1146528_578439792269348_958164773_n.jpg

Western Warhorse suffered a tendon injury a Aintree and is likely to miss next season:

From the Sporting Life:
Brookhouse said: "He has a tendon injury, unfortunately, and he's back home with me.
"We'll deal with him and give him plenty of time.
"I think he's going to need a year off, so I don't think he will run at all next season.
"We know he has plenty of ability, so we'll give him all the time he needs and hopefully he'll be back.
"It's a tremendous shame, but these things happen."

Brookhouse pumps some serious cash into the jumps game and even though he’s had Cheltenham winners, think he's been pretty unlucky with injuries & disappointments

Sad day in the world of horse racing as Dermot Welds mum and Jessica Harringtons Husband Johnny have passed away.

Western Warhorse suffered a tendon injury a Aintree and is likely to miss next season:

From the Sporting Life:
Brookhouse said: "He has a tendon injury, unfortunately, and he's back home with me.
"We'll deal with him and give him plenty of time.
"I think he's going to need a year off, so I don't think he will run at all next season.
"We know he has plenty of ability, so we'll give him all the time he needs and hopefully he'll be back.
"It's a tremendous shame, but these things happen."

Brookhouse pumps some serious cash into the jumps game and even though he’s had Cheltenham winners, think he's been pretty unlucky with injuries & disappointments

Which probably explains his erratic behaviour pre-race. I always think horses who jib, plant themselves or refuse all have an underlying problem. We had a pointer I hated riding a couple of seasons ago. He spent most of the time trying to get me on the deck. He had 3 runs then broke down really badly and was retired. He had shown no signs of lameness or hanging but I always got the feeling something wasn't right.

he smashed into the railing when they were going down as well

talented horse but he definitely has his own idea on things

Pain or fear of pain is usually at the root of behavioural problems with horses. Shame about WW I hope they get him right.

Sad of Jessica as well, poor lady.

Nx

Always think back to the time he was riderless and fell on the run in at Cheltenham; found something terribly sad about that.

Back