Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Cue Card has died of a heart-attack at only 16yo. What a bloody shame.

I’m still sore he chinned Vautour in the KG, but he was an otherwise brilliant racehorse, and one of my personal faves.

Cue Card You were amazing. I owe you big time. Will bring a couple of sacks of the finest carrots when I get there, and plenty for all your mates that I owe, too.

Yeah, very sad. So many memories of that horse, not when I was on him just the races he was involved in. The Gold Cup when he fell, that King George obviously, the Aintree race when Sprinter Sacre demolished him and Flemenstar. There was another King George when he went miles clear and Sil Conti caught him. He was so impressive in the Ryanair he won. I think that period that started with Best Mate, continued on through Moscow Flyer, Kauto and Denman and sort of almost ended with Cue Card and Sprinter and Altior. Glory days for Jumps Racing.

Very sad. A good horse who became a very good horse after a wind op. He lost a few races running out of gas, including that KG when Silvi chased him down. He deserved a Gold Cup too.

Indeed he did.
For a 4 year old Festival Bumper winner didn't he do well.
Remember standing beside Art when he won Ryanair Chase, we were delighted he finally won a Grade 1 chase ; he was 7 !
Like he had been around forever even at that stage.

Chantry House faces an indefinite spell on the sidelines after he sustained an injury at Wetherby on Monday.

Last edited:
Unexpected Depth did not look good at Leopardstown and Three Stripe Life took a heavy fall after a dreadful round of jumping.

Yes, awful to watch - poor Unexpected Depth, definitely fear the worst for him. Really hoping Three Stripe Life may still be OK though

Last edited:
Oh no. Watching with my grandchildren so had to play down the falls. It was obvious that Unexpected Depth was a fatality but had no idea that Three Stripe Life was lost, too. What a horrible race.

I knew the former was a goner but hoped for SFL...guess he broke a neck. V sad for connections.

Minella Cocooner done for the season.

Add him to Asterion Forlonge, Janidil, Monkfish, Tornado Flyer, Capdonno, Sir Gerhard, Ferny Hollow, Redemption Day, James's Gate, No Risk No Fun and that's just from the higher echelons of the stable.

David Casey due any minute to tell us that Allaho is working well at home.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

1c531d4bacbecfc625084956d06aca53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back